website statistics

Supporting Small and Exotic Nations at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

1 minute ago, Pavlo said:

are they small and exotic nation in sport? C`mon, maybe Austria, Portugal? Uruguay? ;)

Well they will have less then 50 athletes.    Maybe 3 medal hopefuls.  No medals in london.  7 medals all together.  I think in Olympic terms we are pretty small.  

11 godzin temu, Maxim Fastovsky napisał:

Well they will have less then 50 athletes.    Maybe 3 medal hopefuls.  No medals in london.  7 medals all together.  I think in Olympic terms we are pretty small.  

they are not exotic, at all ;p

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

Maybe not to Europeans...

Anyway, Israel is probably right at the borderline for what this project was designed for. They'll probably have around 40 athletes and while winning a medal is possible they aren't heavy favourites (women's -63kg in judo I think is their most likely medal)

1 hour ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Anyway, Israel is probably right at the borderline for what this project was designed for. They'll probably have around 40 athletes and while winning a medal is possible they aren't heavy favourites (women's -63kg in judo I think is their most likely medal)

Ill say right now its women 63 and men 100+  with Or Sasoon in great shape.  Also womens wrestling and triple jump.   

On 5/7/2016 at 22:53, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Ill take Israel 

I don't think that really goes as a an exotic nation in sports, but I'm open for discussion :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 5/8/2016 at 08:26, ahjfcshfghb said:

I would have taken Nauru :p But I'll take Micronesia, then. What exactly do I do after I've picked?

You support them :d 

Anything you want really, you can follow their Olympic qualifying, post any news you find or come across , maybe take a look at local media even :p 

On a Dutch forum where this idea comes from, someone is contacting the Swaziland Olympic Committee for example (unfortunately they're not responding yet), but those are all kinds of things you can do :d

And during the Olympics of course you'll keep us posted on the awesome results of the Micronesian heroes :bowdown:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 5/8/2016 at 22:48, JoshMartini007 said:

Personally I'm not a fan of countries like Israel in this thread, and obviously I have nothing against Israel personally. A country like Iran is exotic for us Dutch people (as we never hear anything about them or their athletes), but we decided not to allow them on the Dutch forum since they're of course not an exotic sports nation. 

Of course if he wants to keep us updated about Israel and post all kinds of interesting news from Israeli media that's hard to find anywhere else, I won't ask Sindo to delete those posts and I'll read them with interest :d