Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
heywoodu

Supporting Small and Exotic Nations at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

heywoodu    1,173
Just now, Malik said:

:WSH Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic  

That's a nation that's not only ineligible for this thread, but it's not even eligible for the Olympics :p

bestmen    407
Just now, Malik said:

They are eligible at least for me :d go Sahrawi Republic I'm behind you all the way :bounce:

same choice here

:PLE Palestine

:WSHSahrawi Arab Democratic Republic

:COMComores

+ maldives :MDV

Edited by bestmen

Gianlu33    393

Well, i have a choice!

:MTN Mauritania

Well, few years ago i has knew a guy from Mauritania. He was a doctor and his brother have influence in Mauritania.

I think that all know that in Mauritania we have an hard dictatorship.

I remember again his face when I told of being in prison after a university protest, when He told me of the torture and how , thanks to his brother who managed to influence the government , to escape and come to Italy for a miserable life.

I remember when he he told me , with lecrime eyes , of when to marry is due to go clandestinely in Senegal to get married with his wife , who knows if they will re-see.

The simplicity of this guy and the emotions aroused in me I always have to have my heart in Mauritania and today I have preferred to follow mine heart rather than the sports results

Edited by Gianlu33

dcro    1,017
29 minutes ago, bestmen said:

same choice here

But how can you support Sahrawi Republic at the 2016 Olympics if they are not competing? This is not "Supporting small nations", this is "Supporting small nations in Rio".

I wanted to do Palestine mostly because of their dressage rider but looks like that shipped has sailed. :d Now I am going for :LIE Liechtenstein as the third nation.

Edited by dcro

LDOG    240

If :PAK had their Hockey team I'd support them without a doubt like I always did, but in this case I'll just go with nearby :TKM 

heywoodu    1,173
42 minutes ago, bestmen said:

same choice here

+ maldives :MDV

Palestine is already taken because Malik had it as his first choice, so do you accept it if I write down Comores for you? Nobody has chosen Comores as 1st choice yet :)

heywoodu    1,173

I've updated the list and I think I didn't miss anything.

A few notes:

- hckosice, do you want Nicaragua as 2nd choice as long as nobody else takes them or will you go full focus on Ecuador? :d 

- Malik and bestmen, I did not include SADR in the list. It's nothing personal and nothing political, it's just that they are not a nation competing in Rio :p If they compete in Tokyo 2020, you would of course be completely welcome to support them in this thread :)

- To clarify: countries that have (1st choice) behind them are definitely taken, just like countries that only have a username behind them (like mine or Agger, one choice). Countries which are a 2nd or 3rd choice are still available if you want them as your first choice :) 

Wonderful to see so many people participating in this in a matter of hours already :clap:

Edited by heywoodu

heywoodu    1,173
2 minutes ago, africaboy said:

I'm a huge fan of FIJI rugby 7's team. The VINAKA Boys are the best !:FIJ  If Samoa :SAMwill qualify - i'll suport them too !

Would you have a problem if I write Samoa down as your 1st choice? Because Fiji is very likely going to have over 50 athletes so it's almost not eligible anymore :p 

However, if you're really clear about specifically wanting Fiji, that shouldn't be a problem :)

hckosice    838
4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I've updated the list and I think I didn't miss anything.

A few notes:

- hckosice, do you want Nicaragua as 2nd choice as long as nobody else takes them or will you go full focus on Ecuador? :d 

- Malik and bestmen, I did not include SADR in the list. It's nothing personal and nothing political, it's just that they are not a nation competing in Rio :p If they compete in Tokyo 2020, you would of course be completely welcome to support them in this thread :)

- To clarify: countries that have (1st choice) behind them are definitely taken, just like countries that only have a username behind them (like mine or Agger, one choice). Countries which are a 2nd or 3rd choice are still available if you want them as your first choice :) 

Wonderful to see so many people participating in this in a matter of hours already :clap:

Go ahead for the :NCA too :bounce: