website statistics

Supporting Small and Exotic Nations at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

Just now, Malik said:

:WSH Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic  

That's a nation that's not only ineligible for this thread, but it's not even eligible for the Olympics :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Well, i have a choice!

:MTN Mauritania

Well, few years ago i has knew a guy from Mauritania. He was a doctor and his brother have influence in Mauritania.

I think that all know that in Mauritania we have an hard dictatorship.

I remember again his face when I told of being in prison after a university protest, when He told me of the torture and how , thanks to his brother who managed to influence the government , to escape and come to Italy for a miserable life.

I remember when he he told me , with lecrime eyes , of when to marry is due to go clandestinely in Senegal to get married with his wife , who knows if they will re-see.

The simplicity of this guy and the emotions aroused in me I always have to have my heart in Mauritania and today I have preferred to follow mine heart rather than the sports results

Edited by Gianlu33

29 minutes ago, bestmen said:

same choice here

:PLE Palestine

:WSHSahrawi Arab Democratic Republic

:COMComores

But how can you support Sahrawi Republic at the 2016 Olympics if they are not competing? This is not "Supporting small nations", this is "Supporting small nations in Rio".

I wanted to do Palestine mostly because of their dressage rider but looks like that shipped has sailed. :d Now I am going for :LIE Liechtenstein as the third nation.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen