website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Science & Technology Thread

bestmen

4 hours ago, LDOG said:

I didn't even know there were countries where they weren't mandatory. How come you don't end up with outbreaks of things like smallpox then?

You do, at Disneyland

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 8/5/2018 at 18:16, AlFHg said:

I was wondering about something that in the last year has been debated almost everyday in Italy. In your country, are vaccines mandatory? If yes, what do you think about it?

(:wall: yes, it is another sleepless night)

It is not required in the US, although it is highly recommended by most top medical outlets, business, or groups. I personally think that people not only put thier children at risk, but other people’s kids at risk as well, when they do not vaccinate thier children. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

It makes me feel better that other people agree with me on the need of vaccines. But my question was slightly different, I'll try writing it back in a clearer way. If the State obliges you to vaccine in order to attend schools/work/etc, (unless you may not due to personal and specific circumstances), how would you react? You will say: "It is absolutely necessary to vaccine, so it isn't a problem" or "No, the State has no right to decide of my personal health". 

For the sake of clarity, for me it isn't a problem, as quality and length of life had sharply improved after vaccines against polio and other diseases were developed. I personally think that vaccines are the best weapons against some diseases that may not be very dangerous in most of the cases, but that in other situations, (probably rare, but still with a chance different from zero), may have a bad outcome. There's no scientific evidence that vaccines may cause side-effects, and, from my knowledge, for the very rare people who suffered from them, it was essentially due to their specific physical condition. Obviously, I expect in return mainly three things: that vaccines are given free, that severe quality control is made for their production and last but not least, that if may happen that, by chance or not, vaccines may result side-effects on somebody, the State will take care of them. 

I understand the need to make such laws, but I think it could lead to a slippery slope (in terms of healthcare). However, living in a country where some people don’t even have access to basic health care, I think such a law would be ok, as long as, the government pays for the vaccines (and If they could pay for healthcare that would be great too).

5 hours ago, LDOG said:

I didn't even know there were countries where they weren't mandatory. How come you don't end up with outbreaks of things like smallpox then?

Because most people are still smart and responsible enough (here, at least). Not everyone, mostly in religious and conspiracy circles, but luckily most people are.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

58 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I personally think that people not only put thier children at risk, but other people’s kids at risk as well, when they do not vaccinate thier children. 

That's not even really a personal opinion, but more like a fact..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 3 weeks later...

remember when i posted this video about Tiwanaku / Puma Punku, one famous geo scientist has studied this area recently ,

and confirms there is no instruments capable to do that 2018-05-26_22-58-12.jpg.b862b7ccb4a17c9af1d1dfd6c6d34eb3.jpg

also they found organic matter inside these small holes , just not possible 2018-05-26_22-58-12.jpg.b862b7ccb4a17c9af1d1dfd6c6d34eb3.jpg

180824013054284811.jpg

180824013051294151.jpg

Watch the video conference here

Edited by bestmen

And crop circles...aliens!

0g3fH5n.png