website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Science & Technology Thread

bestmen

581px-Voyager_spacecraft.jpg

On September 5, 1977, Voyager 1 was launched on a mission to explore where nothing had flown before. First on its journey were Jupiter and Saturn and it is currently exploring interstellar space. Its twin spacecraft, Voyager 2, visited Uranus and Neptune and is now in the outermost layer of the heliosphere, called the heliosheath. Forty years later, both spacecraft continue to send back data and are searching for the heliopause, the region where the Sun’s influence wanes, which has never been reached by any spacecraft.

Mission Status Live

Edited by Janakis

• 4 weeks later...

Is anyone here possibly well-versed in the art of cyber security, especially the inner workings of WPA, WPA2, AES, 802.1X/EAP and that kind of stuff? I've been trying all day to get my head around this, around the 4-way handshake surrounding this, but somehow every place that explains it on the internet doesn't work to make my mind accept how this works :lol:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

CNBC's Andrew Ross Sorkin interviews Sophia, a humanoid robot made by Hanson Robotics from Hong Kong, about the future of artificial intelligence at a Future Investment Institute panel in Saudi Arabia. What you think after this interview: can humans and robots live in future together and in peace or we will have global war like in hollywood movies? :)

Edited by Janakis

2 minutes ago, Janakis said:

What you think after this interview: can humans and robots live in future together and in peace or we will have global war like in hollywood movies? :)

Well, if I were a Saudi woman I would try to start a rebel against the fact humanoid Sofia got Saudi citizenship and yet, I still I barely can go to see a football match with my husband or let alone drive.

13 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Well, if I were a Saudi woman I would try to start a rebel against the fact humanoid Sofia got Saudi citizenship and yet, I still I barely can go to see a football match with my husband or let alone drive.

I think this will make females obsolete there. :rofl::rofl:

• 2 weeks later...