website statistics

Darts Discussion Thread

heywoodu

I'm afraid Cadby is going to destroy Cullen.. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

What and what?? :d Yikes! 

Cadby has 4 children? :yikes:

Well to be fair: 2 step children and 2 of his own children :p 

The Dutch reporter in London when Cadby said it during the interview: "Oh you've been busy!".....Cadby: "Yeah very busy mate"

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Best match of the worlds so far, a real pleasure. 

Incredible...

9 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Really interested to know how much interest there is in this championships outside Great Britain, Ireland and the Netherlands?

Last year I was in Austria somewhere during the championships and they did have live coverage on one of their paid sports channels (and that was before Mensur Suljovic made his real breakthrough this year). I think there's a decent amount of interest in Germany as well, at least the tournaments being played there are popular. Kim Huybrechts should be making it somewhat popular in Belgium too. 

In Asia I think the whole soft tip thing is way bigger. It's also rather weird and it results in 'dumb' players, since there the computer does all the calculating and they play 3-4 different kind of games (not only 501, but also a kind where the bulls eye is the main thing for example). 

By the way, tickets for next year's Rotterdam Premier League event (in a stadium which fits around 10.000 people) were sold out in 14 minutes two months ago :p Tickets for the tables were gone in 4 minutes, 10 minutes later all grandstand tickets were gone as well. 

Edited by heywoodu

Van Gerwen in the Dutch TV studio today (with Van der Voort), and man, he is MAD about not being nominated for "Sportsman of the Year" :d 

"What more do they want me to win??"

How about the World Championships.. 

Dragutin Horvat entering the stage, now that's what one calls a top class athlete.