website statistics

Darts Discussion Thread

heywoodu

So, Phil Taylor has just announced his retirement :yikes:

He will quit at the end of next year. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Damn, 5 BDO guys pass the group stage. :thumbup: This is their best performance as a team. And with all the talk, how they don't cope with the pressure of the big stage, 3 of them won a winner take all match, that went to the last leg. :d Especially Jeff Smith whoes 2 wins came with nail biting check-outs. The Barney - Durrant match will be a cracker, could fancy a Durrant win to be honest.  

1 hour ago, Federer91 said:

Damn, 5 BDO guys pass the group stage. :thumbup: This is their best performance as a team. And with all the talk, how they don't cope with the pressure of the big stage, 3 of them won a winner take all match, that went to the last leg. :d Especially Jeff Smith whoes 2 wins came with nail biting check-outs. The Barney - Durrant match will be a cracker, could fancy a Durrant win to be honest.  

The way Jeff Smith finished off that match against Whitlock, wow :bowdown:

Today in the 1/8 finals we start with two of my least favourite players against each other, Gerwyn Price vs Brendan Dolan..really don't care who wins :p

I hope Smith takes advantage of Taylor's not so good form, Thornton kicks out asshole Van Gerwen and Wright beats Fitton who seems to gain 50kg every year..

Hughes against Dobey tomorrow...I only know Hughes fairly well and his comeback yesterday was awesome, so I hope he wins :d 

Van de Pas hopefully beats boring James Wade, it'd be cool to see Noppert take out Anderson and I'd like a Durrant win against Barney. 

So, dear players, there's my wish list. Make it come true :d 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

The way Jeff Smith finished off that match against Whitlock, wow :bowdown:

Today in the 1/8 finals we start with two of my least favourite players against each other, Gerwyn Price vs Brendan Dolan..really don't care who wins :p

I hope Smith takes advantage of Taylor's not so good form, Thornton kicks out asshole Van Gerwen and Wright beats Fitton who seems to gain 50kg every year..

Hughes against Dobey tomorrow...I only know Hughes fairly well and his comeback yesterday was awesome, so I hope he wins :d 

Van de Pas hopefully beats boring James Wade, it'd be cool to see Noppert take out Anderson and I'd like a Durrant win against Barney. 

So, dear players, there's my wish list. Make it come true :d 

I agree on the wishes, tho reality will kick in very fast. :d I don't think Taylor was bothered very much with that dead rubber, it will be very different tonight. Plus the longer format will help him if he starts slow. As for Jeff, as amazing he is on the check-outs, if the big scoring isn't there he would have a very hard time keeping up. I hope the main go for the BDO guys was to get out of the group, so now they can go out without any pressure and loosen up. If 1-2 guys sneak in the 1/4 that would be awesome. :)

Well here we almost go, luckily we start with the match I am looking forward to the least of all :p 

I can't stand Dolan...but Price, ugh. 

Sadly, the darts program of today on Dutch TV is hosted by one of the most annoying, non-knowledgeable and hated hosts on Dutch TV. This weirdo jumping into a live TV report:

On Dutch forums, these are the kind of GIF's some creative people made that gets posted whenever he hosts the program :p 

54a6e827448cc-maijer3.gif

Just now, OlympicIRL said:

Price's shirt.... give me a break :d

He looks like one of those assholes who stand in front of the mirror at the gym, kissing their muscles for an hour :facepalm: