website statistics

Football 2016 Discussion Thread

Henry_Leon

African qualifying for Africa Cup of Nations 2017 (hosted by Gabon) ended today, these are the finalists :

• Gabon
  • Algeria
  • Burkina Faso
  • Cameroon
  • Cote d’Ivoire
  • DR Congo
  • Egypt
  • Ghana
  • Guinea Bissau
  • Mali
  • Morocco
  • Senegal
  • Togo
  • Tunisia
  • Uganda 
  • Zimbabwe

Only one debut Guinea Bissau; instead Uganda back for the first time since 1978.

Between nations not qualified: Nigeria, Zambia and South Africa

The draw will take place on the 19th October 2016 in Libreville :GAB

Aleksander Čeferin :SLO has been elected as UEFA's seventh President at the Extraordinary UEFA Congress in Athens.
The 48-year-old Slovenian received 42 votes from UEFA's member associations, against 13 votes for the other candidate, Michael van Praag (Netherlands).
Čeferin was elected as Football Association of Slovenia president in 2011. He has also served as a second and third vice-chairman of the UEFA Legal Committee since 2011. 

Congratulations and Good Luck!!!!   

2 horas atrás, Federer91 disse:

Slovenia takes charge of UEFA, still a future for the smaller nations. :)

Wasn't he against this new Champions League format that benefits the top 4 leagues? I wonder if this means some change on that new format... :mumble:

12 minutes ago, kungshamra71 said:

Wasn't he against this new Champions League format that benefits the top 4 leagues? I wonder if this means some change on that new format... :mumble:

I have doubt :mumble: Many tournaments formats has already decided,  a change will be difficult;  maybe a discussion about other things... (TV rights, market pool, prize money)

Edited by Henry_Leon

Serbia and Scotland were supposed to play a match for first place in qualifications for U19 EC (women's football), but apparently the players from :SCO were drunk day before and they were not able to play match yesterday (I saw this is Serbian medias):facepalm:and match are suspended (they said that players are sick and they are not able to play). UEFA launched an investigation.