website statistics

Football 2016 Discussion Thread

Henry_Leon

8 hours ago, Henry_Leon said:

UEFA Europa League group stage draw

Group D: Zenit (RUS), AZ Alkmaar (NED), Maccabi Tel-Aviv (ISR), Dundalk (IRL)

well, it means our Iranian player in AZ is in big big trouble, he won't go to Israel that's for sure. I don't know what he will do with the home match in the Netherlands.

He is the 3rd Iranian player facing this problem.

New format is shit. Especially that thing about historical meaning. I mean, really, Milan and Liverpool should get a spot just because they won CL 10-15 years ago? And if 4 teams are coming directly to group stage, does it mean 5th, 6th, 7th team in Spain/England will qualify for CL aualifying stages? I mean, we see that 6th team from England can't even qualify for EL, but now they should have CL spot? LOL

53 minutes ago, crovitlaci said:

New format is shit. Especially that thing about historical meaning. I mean, really, Milan and Liverpool should get a spot just because they won CL 10-15 years ago? And if 4 teams are coming directly to group stage, does it mean 5th, 6th, 7th team in Spain/England will qualify for CL aualifying stages? I mean, we see that 6th team from England can't even qualify for EL, but now they should have CL spot? LOL

Milan and Liverpool don't have a spot guaranteed, but if they will qualify will have a better coefficient, thanks at the past wins (and despite poor results of  last five years). But before they will have qualify.......

The maximum number for an association remain 5 teams (4 teams + the holder of Cup, if isn't already qualified)

Just now, Henry_Leon said:

Milan and Liverpool don't have a spot guaranteed, but if they will qualify will have a better coefficient, thanks at the past wins (and despite poor results of  last five years). But before they will have qualify.......

The maximum number for an association remain 5 teams (4 teams + the holder of Cup, if isn't already qualified)

At least something... however I still find that historic thing unnecessary.

13 minutes ago, crovitlaci said:

At least something... however I still find that historic thing unnecessary.

I think UEFA want satisfy the ECA (Association of "top" clubs), and don't want let them create a "European Championship" for top clubs, tournament closed with invited (is the "dream" of ECA....)

Due to Canada's incredible performance in Rio, FIFA has now ranked our women's team 4th, their highest ranking ever.  It is also the highest point gain in women's football history!  They also beat #2 Germany and #3 France in Rio.  

Sinclair carried the team for years, but actually in Rio 7 of the members were under 22 years old.  

1 hora atrás, orangeman disse:

Due to Canada's incredible performance in Rio, FIFA has now ranked our women's team 4th, their highest ranking ever.  It is also the highest point gain in women's football history!  They also beat #2 Germany and #3 France in Rio.  

Sinclair carried the team for years, but actually in Rio 7 of the members were under 22 years old.  

I'm actually a big fan of Canada women's team since 2012, I remember watching one of the most exiting football matches I ever seen at the London Olympics Semifinal! :d

I admit I was cheering for USA (wanted badly to see a rematch of the 2011 World Cup final) but I earn a lot of respect for your nations team :)  (specially for Sinclair, amazing on that match!)  

20 horas atrás, MHSN disse:

well, it means our Iranian player in AZ is in big big trouble, he won't go to Israel that's for sure. I don't know what he will do with the home match in the Netherlands.

He is the 3rd Iranian player facing this problem.

What happens on this situations, if the team needs the player and he refuses to go? Will he be punished/fired? :mumble:

36 minutes ago, kungshamra71 said:

What happens on this situations, if the team needs the player and he refuses to go? Will he be punished/fired? :mumble:

They need him, he is a starter there but He won't go to Israel, he will be jailed in Iran if he go. this is officially illegal and considered a crime. (I'm not even sure if Israel give him visa) I think his club understands this otherwise he is in trouble.

the only question is the home match in the Netherlands, since he is not representing Iran that's probably possible for him to play but I'm not sure.

23 minutes ago, MHSN said:

They need him, he is a starter there but He won't go to Israel, he will be jailed in Iran if he go. this is officially illegal and considered a crime. (I'm not even sure if Israel give him visa) I think his club understands this otherwise he is in trouble.

the only question is the home match in the Netherlands, since he is not representing Iran that's probably possible for him to play but I'm not sure.

I think that it's totattly ridiculus. I don't like Israeli governament but it's stupid that a football player can't work becouse if he play he'll go in jail.

I think that Israel is obliged by UEFA to give him a VISA.