website statistics

Football 2016 Discussion Thread

Henry_Leon

2 horas atrás, Gianlu33 disse:

Roma - Porto 3-0 :facepalm:It's a joke?

I'm a Fc Porto fan, and that was my same reaction :) 

Because current Porto is really weak (compared to some years ago), with very few good players, so everyone was already expecting Europa League this year.

I honestly think Roma would have won if not for the violent behaviour that gave them 2 red cards....

UEFA Europa League group stage draw

Group A: Manchester United (ENG), Fenerbahçe (TUR), Feyenoord (NED), Zorya Luhansk (UKR)

Group B: Olympiacos (GRE), APOEL (CYP), Young Boys (SUI), Astana (KAZ)

Group C: Anderlecht (BEL), St-Étienne (FRA), Mainz (GER), Qarabağ (AZE)

Group D: Zenit (RUS), AZ Alkmaar (NED), Maccabi Tel-Aviv (ISR), Dundalk (IRL)

Group E: Viktoria Plzeň (CZE), Roma (ITA), Austria Wien (AUT), Astra Giurgiu (ROU)

Group F: Athletic Club (ESP), Genk (BEL), Rapid Wien (AUT), Sassuolo (ITA)

Group G: Ajax (NED), Standard Liège (BEL), Celta Vigo (ESP), Panathinaikos (GRE)

Group H: Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR), Braga (POR), Gent (BEL), Konyaspor (TUR)

Group I: Schalke (GER), Salzburg (AUT), Krasnodar (RUS), Nice (FRA)

Group J: Fiorentina (ITA), PAOK (GRE), Slovan Liberec (CZE), Qäbälä (AZE)

Group K: Inter (ITA), Sparta Praha (CZE), Southampton (ENG), Hapoel Beer-Sheva (ISR)

Group L: Villarreal (ESP), Steaua Bucureşti (ROU), Zürich (SUI), Osmanlıspor (TUR)

Not bad the draw (for both Cups) for Italian teams, don't need excuses this year: the qualification at Knock-out round is possible for 5 of 6 (very tough for Sassuolo)

PS: good news for :ITA the new format of UCL: we will back at 4 teams :clap:  

but not good news  (our teams will have few points......:cry: )

• A new system for the club coefficients:

-clubs will be judged on their own records (deletion of the country share for individual club coefficient unless that coefficient is lower than 20% of the association's coefficient).

Edited by Henry_Leon

39 minutos atrás, Henry_Leon disse:

Not bad the draw (for both Cups) for Italian teams, don't need excuses this year: the qualification at Knock-out round is possible for 5 of 6 (very tough for Sassuolo)

PS: good news for :ITA the new format of UCL: we will back at 4 teams :clap:  

but not good news  (our teams will have few points......:cry: )

I think this new system is a joke...  I mean, I undersant that it's probably more profitable for UEFA to have Roma and Inter in Champions, comparing with teams from Bulgaria, Croatia, Belgium (or even Portugal). But I see this as totally unfari to the other teams, specially because by being directly on group phase they'll guarantee a (very useful) amount of money....

About the groups, for :POR I think it's a good draw (except for Sporting, they'll go to Europa League at best), Porto has a good group, Benfica can end up in first place (if it plays like last year).

3 minutos atrás, LDOG disse:

I like this new format, right now there are too many punching bags in CL.

But with this new format the money will allways be to the strongest league teams, which means the difference between the top 4/5/6 leagues and the remaining ones will get higher....

I understand the feeling, I also don't like to see a Champions League match ending in 6-0, but if those teams aren't allowed to go to Champions League, how will Uefa contribute to the diversification of good football around Europe?? :thumbdown:

hace 26 minutos, kungshamra71 said:

But with this new format the money will allways be to the strongest league teams, which means the difference between the top 4/5/6 leagues and the remaining ones will get higher....

I understand the feeling, I also don't like to see a Champions League match ending in 6-0, but if those teams aren't allowed to go to Champions League, how will Uefa contribute to the diversification of good football around Europe?? :thumbdown:

Well, some countries have been qualifying teams for CL since forever and their leagues haven't got much better in level (Greece, Turkey, Russia, Switzerland, Netherlands).

The only country that increased the level of their league over the last 20 years is Portugal I would say... and Ukraine, but in a lower scale.

I think other factors are more important than CL money.... economy of the country, level of investment in football, etc