website statistics

Football 2016 Discussion Thread

Henry_Leon

Well I always see this kind of awards as very ambiguous, just like saying that one player is better than another one (for example some prefer Messi, others Ronaldo, others Neymar, etc).

Pepe had a truly hero performance during the Euro, but Ronaldo did an awesome work in the Championship League and was really important for our national team Euro title...

Nevertheless what matters is that he got the award, and that it's another award for him and for Portugal :d:POR

Edited by kungshamra71

plz i want someone different other than Cristiano and Messi , it's too ridiculous that we've been 9 years and there're only 2 players won this award , although i love Cristiano , but seriously i started to get bored from this rivalry of him and Messi on Ballon d'or 

On 12/14/2016 at 20:15, thepharoah said:

plz i want someone different other than Cristiano and Messi , it's too ridiculous that we've been 9 years and there're only 2 players won this award , although i love Cristiano , but seriously i started to get bored from this rivalry of him and Messi on Ballon d'or 

The Ballon d'or lost its relevance in 2010 when Sneijder was blatantly robbed. Since then it was known that the false marketing narrative that only 2 people matter would be driven for years to come.   

3 hours ago, Federer91 said:

The Ballon d'or lost its relevance in 2010 when Sneijder was blatantly robbed. Since then it was known that the false marketing narrative that only 2 people matter would be driven for years to come.   

sneijder or iniesta , 2013 was  also such a big robbery to robben  

Edited by thepharoah