website statistics

Football 2016 Discussion Thread

Henry_Leon

1 hora atrás, vinipereira disse:

Kinda strange to see Lloyd here since this wasn't really a great year for her.

I thought that too. Although I think the winner will probably be Behringer due to the Olympic gold this year.

I also hope for Pia Sundhage to win the coach award, after the medals and championships she won with USA, to be able to win a Silver medal with Sweden was just epic stuff!

In the men's side I'm obviously cheering for my fellow countryman, but I think only Ronaldo can win the award, I would say Zidane should be favourite to win the men's coach award.

1 hora atrás, vinipereira disse:

Today was a very emotional day with the funeral of Chapecoense players. I leave here some of the best illustrations that represent the sentiment in this tragic week...

Mostrar conteúdo oculto

Cyw-CS2WQAIRzpz.jpg

CydFuwiUoAACuCf.jpg

CyoNB3SXUAIiiLA.jpg

Cyn8rpfXAAEWs0p.jpg

Cyg-QUNXEAAxNCW.jpg

CyeEQwCWIAEHN8Q.jpg

CytknwQXUAAkg6k.jpg

Today one of our major teams, Sporting, whose equipment is also green, played (is still playing at this moment actually :p) with the Chapecoense logo on their shirt:

ng7942027.jpg

cfd872c70e534fbba55074a494386fef.png

Portugal is also mourning for the loss of our brothers, "país irmão" :)

Edited by kungshamra71

Em 12/3/2016 at 23:42, Henry_Leon disse:

:PRK  Korea DPR  Women :champion:won the world Cup U20  (2nd title, first in 2006)

Korea DPR crowned champions of a FIFA women’s tournament for the second time in less then two months (won also WC women U17)

Let's hope they don't end like in 2011 World Cup :whistle:

On 12/4/2016 at 00:42, Henry_Leon said:

:PRK  Korea DPR  Women :champion:won the world Cup U20  (2nd title, first in 2006)

Korea DPR crowned champions of a FIFA women’s tournament for the second time in less then two months (won also WC women U17)

Of course they won, who else would take the title? When North Korea plays, everything else is just a fight for 2nd place.

north-korea-is-best-korea.jpg

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

24 minutos atrás, heywoodu disse:

Of course they won, who else would take the title? When North Korea plays, everything else is just a fight for 2nd place.

north-korea-is-best-korea.jpg

I still feel bad for them because of the 2010's match where we won 7-0....  

When the match ended I got happy but also worried for the life of the players.... :fingers:

(and also for Portuguese's Pizza Hut, who had a promotion that offered a free pizza slice for each Portugal's goal at the World Cup matches..... a lot of pizza was eaten that day, and they never repeated that promotion ever since :lol:)

Some very interesting stuff came out today in Football Leaks revealing the dirty side of football: avoiding the taxes, contracts with many illegal firms and so on. Among the suspects are Dybala, Alex Sandro, Higuain, Pepe, Coentrao, Modrić, Mourinho, C. Ronaldo and his manager...