website statistics

Football 2016 Discussion Thread

Henry_Leon

On 2016-03-18 at 8:20 AM, heywoodu said:

I thought "Hmm maybe he is exaggerating, let me check"...this is the 5th consecutive year :lol:

Weird indeed.

I'm too sleepy for it, but in a magical world where the draw is indeed completely fair, how big would the chance (in %) be of this happening 5 consecutive times?

6.1%, not likely, but still possible I guess.

23 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Haven't been into football lately, but it is unusual to see no Italian club in quarterfinal stage, either Champions League or Europa League...

It is unusual but at the same time it's not :d I mean it's not unexpected, Italian club football is pretty weak lately. Spain is dominating, and also in Europe League teams from eastern Europe had success lately

17 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

6.1%, not likely, but still possible I guess.

How did you calculate?

4/7 for Bayern/Barca/Real not playing against each other and then 4/7*4/7*4/7*4/7*4/7?

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

On 18.3.2016 at 4:02 PM, LDOG said:

Hasn't anyone noticed how Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern make the quarterfinals every year and they NEVER draw each other in this phase? lol, suspicious at the very least.

I agree, its also funny that Chelsea, PSG and City often play against each other or against Barca, as if UEFA doesnt want them to go far. On the other hand UEFA did a bad job protecting Barca/Bayern by drawing them against Atletico/Juve. There wouldve been many easier opponents for Bayern in the round of last 16. Its funny that Bayern had to eliminate the strongest team in the round of last 16 (Juve) and now Barca has to eliminate the strongest team in the quarterfinal (Atletico), as if they planned it before, so that every big club has almost the same chances. I think UEFA would always like to have a semifinal with Bayern, Barca, Real and City/Chelsea/PSG.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.