Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Mkbw50

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Qualification Systems

Nate River    80
5 hours ago, Jur said:

But since when that care for continental quotas?

They just celebrate the qualification event in other competition and that's it.

My guess is that the other continental quotas will he given out as part of the world surfing games or the tour.

phelps    204

the other Continental Quota will be surely awarded through the World Surfing Games (where normally all the best surfers in the world are there) because they only asked the crème-de-la-crème of surfing sport (the WSL crew) to be available for that event, meanwhile the Continental Champs run by ISA generally speaking have much lower level of participation and it would make no sense using that as a selection race...

I guess the Pan_Am Games are a concession to the organizers for putting a surfing event on the program and because this sport is mainly practiced at the top level in that Continent (with the notable exception of France -thanks above all to the Oversea's Territories- Australia and South Africa...and maybe even Portugal, but still they're not quite there yet with those 3 Countries and the top American Nations -USA and Brazil more than others)...

Vojthas    29

The qualification systems will be discussed during pre-Olympic pre-Session meeting of IOC EB in Pyeongchang, to be exactly on the second day of the meeting - Sunday February the 4th. But, as we know, the time of publication might be different for different IFs.

I've got a "leak" about field hockey - there's going to be some "Hockey Series Open" which will be the first step to Olympic qualifications. One tournament will be held in :POL Gniezno with Central European countries, two of them will go further. @LDOG Do you know something more about this new competition (I assume it's some lower level after destructing the egalitarian World League in favour of Hockey Pro League for chosen elite countries)?

LDOG    281
hace 3 horas, Vojthas said:

The qualification systems will be discussed during pre-Olympic pre-Session meeting of IOC EB in Pyeongchang, to be exactly on the second day of the meeting - Sunday February the 4th. But, as we know, the time of publication might be different for different IFs.

I've got a "leak" about field hockey - there's going to be some "Hockey Series Open" which will be the first step to Olympic qualifications. One tournament will be held in :POL Gniezno with Central European countries, two of them will go further. @LDOG Do you know something more about this new competition (I assume it's some lower level after destructing the egalitarian World League in favour of Hockey Pro League for chosen elite countries)?

I don't know about that name but it's probably like old the world league rounds for lower ranked countries. That should places in final olympic qualification tournament, which will be one big tournament with 12 teams.

Edited by LDOG

DaniSRB    289
9 minutes ago, AlFHg said:

I haven't seen if it has already been posted, however you may be interested in this:

http://files.pkf3.webnode.es/200078081-cada6cbd2b/TOKYO 2020_Provisional_Information.pdf

It's karate provisional information about Olympic qualification, including ranking period and dates of an international preolympic tournament 

@Jesse_Pinkman)

• Like 1

AlFHg    14

Here is a draft from FIG about Olympic qualification systems for all gymnastics disciplines:

http://www.fig-gymnastics.com/publicdir/rules/files/en_Olympic Qualification 2020 GA-GR-GT.pdf

Interestingly, in 2018 there’s a direct qualification event for rhythmic gymnastics: world championships in September 2018. The first three teams FROM QUALIFICATION will earn a spot.

great chances for Italy :d 

Gianlu33    512
5 hours ago, Rafoo said:

When we will know for other sports..al in this month or?

All the Qualification Progress will be approved in this week in the Pyeongchang's IOC Session. So, yes I hope

dcro    1,415

FIG made things really complicated. It will take some time to study it, but you know how it is, Totallympians have to know these by heart. :p

• Haha 1