website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Qualification Systems

vor einer Stunde schrieb Benolympique:

I do not understand, in hockey there will be how many olympic qualification events?

Each team has a maximum of two chances to qualify for the Olympics: Their respective Continental Championships and the final qualifying tournament.

1 ora fa, Benolympique ha scritto:

I do not understand, in hockey there will be how many olympic qualification events?

There will be the 5 continental championships + 6 matches for the remaining places, (even if I'm not sure if it is a single match or a home/away). In case Japan wins Asian Championships, its quota will be considered as the Continental representation, so the host country quota will be reassigned, meaning that a 7th Olympic qualification match will be played.

Adesso, EselTheDonkey ha scritto:

Each team has a maximum of two chances to qualify for the Olympics: Their respective Continental Championships and the final qualifying tournament.

Looks like it will be a qualifying match

OASport reports of Rowing qualification criteria:

https://www.oasport.it/2018/03/canottaggio-i-criteri-di-qualificazione-alle-olimpiadi-di-tokyo-2020-tutte-le-competizioni-femminili-e-maschili/

Actually nothing new, the world championships will assign the most part of quotas. Continental qualification will be held only for 1x and 2- lightweight, while the other main event will be the final olympic qualification regatta. It is reported in the article that a NOC may qualify through continental qualification only 1 boat. The quotas will be given to the NOC and not to the athletes.