website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Qualification Systems

Il 20/3/2018 Alle 08:38, Benolympique ha scritto:

I also posted a more specific document in the specific thread...:evil:

you can cross-post it here, too (if you want)...;)

by the way, Karate qualification pathway is gonna be one of the most difficult (I hope not also controversial...but never trust WKF) of any sport...:facepalm:

to give an idea, just think that in some Kumite classes at the last World Champs there were more than 150 starters (with the 1 per NOC rule) :evil::hyper: and at the Olympics we're going to have only 10 starters per class (and in Kumite in 4 out of 6 chances, an Olympic class is made up of 2 "normal" weight categories)...:pope:

good luck to all the Karate players in the World...:whistle:

6 minutes ago, Agger said:

I google once or twice a day and stumbled upon this site where they are also searching:

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/2274621/tokyo-2020-qualification-systems

Once I stumbled on a forum where someone shared this as the list of Pyeongchang flag bearers. :d

#banbestmen

I can't find an official document for baseball/softball but the Italian Federation has just published an article with all details, saying it is now approved by IOC: http://www.fibs.it/it/news/nazionali-baseball/43221-tokyo-2020,-il-sistema-di-qualificazione.html

Summary:

Softball

Japan

World Champs (August 2018) - 1 team

American Qualification Tournament - 2 teams

Asian/Oceanian QT - 1 team

European/African QT - 1 team

Baseball

Japan

Premier 12 in November 2019 - best team from America and best team from Asia/Oceania

American QT - 1 team

European/African QT - 1 team

Final QT - 1 team