Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Mkbw50

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Qualification Systems

According to this, the qualifictaion System for Rhythmic Gymnastics will slightly change: https://zhenyakanaevagymnasium.com/2016/08/29/olympic-games-tokyo-2020-rules-and-qualifications/

If the source is reliable, than the test event won't be a qualification event anymore, and the remaining quota places will be allocated by the World Cup 2020.

Edited by EselTheDonkey

MHSN    122

I wonder how they want to determine the best team of Asia as an example. imagine all Asian teams got eliminated in 1st round. if they go with points ratio that would be quite unfair. because they won't face the same level of opponents ! China as host will be seeded and will get easier opponents.

Another option is having a mini tournament for the eliminated teams but that most probably won't happen.

Gianlu33    374
3 hours ago, MHSN said:

I wonder how they want to determine the best team of Asia as an example. imagine all Asian teams got eliminated in 1st round. if they go with points ratio that would be quite unfair. because they won't face the same level of opponents ! China as host will be seeded and will get easier opponents.

Another option is having a mini tournament for the eliminated teams but that most probably won't happen.

The easy option was like the past years, absigne the continental quota whit the continental championship

dcro    964

Who knows, if everyone drops out at round one they might just use those very "important" FIBA rankings. :p

Edited by dcro

intoronto    152

Asia will get the same number of guaranteed teams as Europe and Americas :wall:

Oceania gets one, what a joke, they should have merged it with Asia (the amount of slots)

Jur    31

I read about a new "Taekwondo Gran Slam" and the winner getting an olympic quota. Does anyone know about that?

dcro    964
16 minutes ago, EselTheDonkey said:

Cool, but I think these might still be the subject of conformation later this year. :mumble: