website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Qualification Systems

Am 17.8.2017 um 19:53 schrieb Gianlu33:

Only 3 athlete for the team events :crazy:

Yes, I don't like this at all, especially in Eventing. In Dressage and Show Jumping it could be okay, but in Eventing having no drop scores is just a bad decision, given the difficult cross country race.

@dcroDo you know, which European countries belong to which group? I know that Germany is in Group A. But what about Czech Republic, for example? is it already group C?

Edited by EselTheDonkey

10 minutes ago, EselTheDonkey said:

Yes, I don't like this at all, especially in Eventing. In Dressage and Show Jumping it could be okay, but in Eventing having no drop scores is just a bad decision, given the dicciult cross country race.

@dcroDo you know, which European countries belong to which group? I know that Germany is in Group A. But what about Czech Republic, for example? is it already group C?

Group A is Western Europe, B is Central and South Europe, C is Eastern Europe and Central Asia.

But it doesn't follow the geography that much. Finland for example is in Group A, along with Netherlands. But Belgium is in the Group B. Group C is pretty much all former communist countries + Greece/Turkey.

#banbestmen

17 godzin temu, De_Gambassi napisał:

Then, World Equestrian Games as the first Olympics qualifer (any sport), just like last time ?

Only 13 months to go :banana:

football has already started in Europe

Edited by Pavlo

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

10 hours ago, dcro said:

I get that IOC is pushing for more representation and whatnot, but I think they have gone over the top here.

2 individual quotas in all disciplines for North America (and British Carribeans, this doesn't even include Mexico btw)? USA and Canada will likely qualify all teams so they don't count. This leaves Bermuda as pretty much the only nation that could possibly earn them (only in jumping and maybe dressage). All remaining quotas there could already be assigned to the overall rankings...

There are also some very generous team quotas, like 2 team places for Group C in jumping. Countries like Hungary and Slovakia suddenly have a serious chance to challenge for team quotas. Same goes for Group G since Japan is already qualified.

Eventing has 7 quotas at the World Championships + 1 more for Groups F/G. If AUS and NZL finish in top 7, who will challenge for this additional quota? India or South Africa?

If USA and Canada both qualify teams at the World Championships in eventing things get very complicated. There are 550 riders in the North American rankings. All USA or Canada.

Mexico is in the Central/South Zone

1 hour ago, Dragon said:

If USA and Canada both qualify teams at the World Championships in eventing things get very complicated. There are 550 riders in the North American rankings. All USA or Canada.

Mexico is in the Central/South Zone

It's unlikely that some other countries will appear, which is a shame because Bermuda's only Pan Am gold actually came thanks to the eventer MJ Tumbridge. They had a whole group of them at the Olympics between 1984-2004, but nobody these days.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen