website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Qualification Systems

7 minutes ago, Dolby said:

I didn't mean secretive but careless. For example, for Rio, majority of the Qualification Documents were uploaded by Australian NOC much before respective IFs bothered to put them online. 

But, since FEI published this, it clears all doubts. Each IF will finalise individually. :yes

Ah yes, that's true - thanks Australian NOC.

FEI seems to be one of the more "open" federations. I remember that they also published several different proposals before making the final decision for the Rio qualification system.

#banbestmen

10 hours ago, Mkbw50 said:

Oh, I see. Well, it will be exciting when they are released.

I want to dub this the "Trek to Tokyo" (in the same vain as Road to Rio and Path to PyeongChang) but is that to cheesy?

I've got it! "Ticket to Tokyo". When an athlete qualifies they get their "Ticket to Tokyo". I'm a corporate genius!

10 hours ago, dcro said:

Ah yes, that's true - thanks Australian NOC.

FEI seems to be one of the more "open" federations. I remember that they also published several different proposals before making the final decision for the Rio qualification system.

Australia like doing things early... like the Commonwealth games... by three months

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

• 2 weeks later...

According to this, the qualifictaion System for Rhythmic Gymnastics will slightly change: https://zhenyakanaevagymnasium.com/2016/08/29/olympic-games-tokyo-2020-rules-and-qualifications/

If the source is reliable, than the test event won't be a qualification event anymore, and the remaining quota places will be allocated by the World Cup 2020.

Edited by EselTheDonkey

• 3 months later...

I wonder how they want to determine the best team of Asia as an example. imagine all Asian teams got eliminated in 1st round. if they go with points ratio that would be quite unfair. because they won't face the same level of opponents ! China as host will be seeded and will get easier opponents.

Another option is having a mini tournament for the eliminated teams but that most probably won't happen.

3 hours ago, MHSN said:

I wonder how they want to determine the best team of Asia as an example. imagine all Asian teams got eliminated in 1st round. if they go with points ratio that would be quite unfair. because they won't face the same level of opponents ! China as host will be seeded and will get easier opponents.

Another option is having a mini tournament for the eliminated teams but that most probably won't happen.

The easy option was like the past years, absigne the continental quota whit the continental championship