website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Qualification Systems

19 minuti fa, MHSN ha scritto:

2 years ago I would care about this and already tried to calculate and find out our possible opponents in this OQT . :d but considering our current situation there is no way Iran can beat a top 6 team (most probably at its home) and qualify directly. so we have to focus on beating China and Australia in AVC QT.

but still I would like to see our possible group to see which teams are going to beat us in the OQT. :d

Poland, Slovenia and a 3rd team (it's impossible now know how the ranking will chance in the bottom of the chart..)

11 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Poland, Slovenia and a 3rd team (it's impossible now know how the ranking will chance in the bottom of the chart..)

thanks :yes that makes sense because we are doomed to always somehow get Poland in our group. :d

but that group with Canada and Argentina looks easier, there is no "big team" there. (by big team I mean USA, BRA, ITA. SRB. POL, RUS and FRA) that's not a good news for European countries. with this I see only 4 European teams in Tokyo. and we have "at least" 5 very good European teams.

hace 7 minutos, MHSN said:

but that group with Canada and Argentina looks easier, there is no "big team" there. (by big team I mean USA, BRA, ITA. SRB. POL, RUS and FRA) that's not a good news for European countries. with this I see only 4 European teams in Tokyo. and we have "at least" 5 very good European teams.

Yeah, and it's mostly due to pure luck. Because Brazil and usa are 1-2 (so they get opponents beyond top 10) and canada-argentina are exactly 6-7 so they play each other.

Anyway, let's wait for the real ranking before making draws. I feel FIVB will pull another surprise.

These will be the Women-groups when the VNL doesn't count for the World Rankings (likely):

A: SERBIA (1), TURKEY (12), CAMEROON (13), BELGIUM (24)

B: CHINA (2), PUERTO RICO (11), GERMANY (14), TRINIDAD (23)

C: USA (3), DOMINICAN REPUBLIC (10), BULGARIA (15), KAZACHSTAN (22)

D: RUSSIA (4), ARGENTINA (9), THAILAND (16), CUBA (21)

E: BRAZIL (5), KOREA (8), KENYA (17), CANADA (20)

F: NETHERLANDS (6), ITALY (7), MEXICO (18), AZERBAIJAN (19)

Edited by CCB