website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Qualification Systems

Boxing and Sprint canoeing the only 2 missing ? While Boxing is understable because of AIBA situation, it's really strance ICF is taking so long to release the Sprint Canoeing qualificion system, especially since they have already released the Slalom one long time ago.

34 minutes ago, Sindo said:

Boxing and Sprint canoeing the only 2 missing ? While Boxing is understable because of AIBA situation, it's really strance ICF is taking so long to release the Sprint Canoeing qualificion system, especially since they have already released the Slalom one long time ago.

I think also Athletics, but maybe I missed something.

1 ora fa, Vojthas ha scritto:

I think also Athletics, but maybe I missed something.

Yes, you did :) is already present, although criteria is quite complicated due to the lack of information about the ranking and since the minimum standard haven’t been released yet :)

you can find it in the table at the beginning of the thread :)

Edited by AlFHg

2 hours ago, Sindo said:

Because behind the scenes there is infighting in whether to allow one or two boats per each singles boat event.

Let’s make a poll. Do you think it would be fair allowing nations who qualifies the largest boat (k4?) to enter a second boat in the other events if they use the same athletes?  (That is, without using other quotas). Or a boat in general, if for some reason they did not qualify for example in K1?. Personally I think it is, for all the sports in general: I think it will allow best nations and athletes to compete, some quotas will be given to enlarge the universality and I think that the mean level goes up this way. On the other hand, if a nation is absolutely dominating, it is like gifted medals, and I’m not sure everybody will agree with this.

3 minutes ago, AlFHg said:

Let’s make a poll. Do you think it would be fair allowing nations who qualifies the largest boat (k4?) to enter a second boat in the other events if they use the same athletes?  (That is, without using other quotas). Or a boat in general, if for some reason they did not qualify for example in K1?. Personally I think it is, for all the sports in general: I think it will allow best nations and athletes to compete, some quotas will be given to enlarge the universality and I think that the mean level goes up this way. On the other hand, if a nation is absolutely dominating, it is like gifted medals, and I’m not sure everybody will agree with this.

I think 2 boats would up the competition standards, but it would be an unnecessary addition to the games. Part of the fun of Canoeing at the Olympics (for me at least) is that every nation can only have one boat per event. Plus, it would take away from other nations (as in bye-bye Palau)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

15 minutes ago, AlFHg said:

I agree with this. For the Pan Am Games, you can only qualify a maximum in each discipline, and if you qualify the largest boat in a discipline you must compete in all other events within that discipline. 

38 minuti fa, Olympian1010 ha scritto:

I think 2 boats would up the competition standards, but it would be an unnecessary addition to the games. Part of the fun of Canoeing at the Olympics (for me at least) is that every nation can only have one boat per event. Plus, it would take away from other nations (as in bye-bye Palau)

My idea was, in that case, to use the athletes as "double starters", speaking as ISSF would do, so no quotas are taken away from other countries :) One thing I really don't like in the Olympics is the maximum number of entries per event, like in athletics (although, I have to say, I don't know if they are really respected or not)

• 3 weeks later...