website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Qualification Systems

48 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

I think no quotas Océanie. Quotas Asia-oceania ?? No ? 

Australia should still qualify. Technically only Europe is guaranteed a spot at the Olympics. Though it will be unlikely for Americas and Asia/Oceania, but quite possible that Africa will miss out in qualification.

5 ore fa, nenad ha scritto:

so if i read this correctly, fiba is again outdoing itself in regards of stupidity. there are no direct q for Tokyo from eurobasket, but only to olympic tournament qualification and this is the best part even though 2018 world champions and Japan are qualified directly, they will still for some reason play in this olympic qualification tournament?

2018 world champs and Japan are not directly qualified, I guess...

at least, the .pdf file seems to suggest that...

http://www.fiba.basketball/womens-calendar-timeline

for what I understand from it, almost all the teams from the continental champs will go through to the regional OQT, which will determine the 16 teams that will play for the 12 Olympic spots (Europe will not play the regional OQT, but will send directly to the world OQT the top 6 of Eurobasket 2019)...

p.s. remember that we're talking of Women's Basketball only...

Adesso, phelps ha scritto:

2018 world champs and Japan are not directly qualified, I guess...

at least, the .pdf file seems to suggest that...

http://www.fiba.basketball/womens-calendar-timeline

for what I understand from it, almost all the teams from the continental champs will go through to the regional OQT, which will determine the 16 teams that will play for the 12 Olympic spots (Europe will not play the regional OQT, but will send directly to the world OQT the top 6 of Eurobasket 2019)...

p.s. remember that we're talking of Women's Basketball only...

* Despite having already qualified for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games, the FIBA Women’s Basketball World Cup 2018 Champions and Japan — as the Host Country of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games (subject to FIBA Central Board decision) — will play the FIBA Women’s Olympic Qualifying Tournaments and advance in every round, regardless of their results. Consequently, in the Second Round, only the two best placed teams from the respective tournaments will qualify for the Olympic Games.

You can read it in very small size at the end of the page :p

Adesso, Gianlu33 ha scritto:

* Despite having already qualified for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games, the FIBA Women’s Basketball World Cup 2018 Champions and Japan — as the Host Country of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games (subject to FIBA Central Board decision) — will play the FIBA Women’s Olympic Qualifying Tournaments and advance in every round, regardless of their results. Consequently, in the Second Round, only the two best placed teams from the respective tournaments will qualify for the Olympic Games.

You can read it in very small size at the end of the page :p

WTF...that's an absolute farce...:yikes:

hope someone would sue FIBA for this sh*t...:facepalm::wall: