website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Qualification Systems

Isn't there something wrong in the artistic swimming? Host country has a quota in duets as one of 10 teams AND as Asian representative in duets itself - which is impossible as every country can have only one duet (2 athletes) maximum. Where is the mistake - in a system checked and approved by both FINA and IOC or in my interpretation?

9 ore fa, Vojthas ha scritto:

Isn't there something wrong in the artistic swimming? Host country has a quota in duets as one of 10 teams AND as Asian representative in duets itself - which is impossible as every country can have only one duet (2 athletes) maximum. Where is the mistake - in a system checked and approved by both FINA and IOC or in my interpretation?

Japan is counted two times

40 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Japan is counted two times

Yeah, that's the problem - it shouldn't be, because each NOC can have only one duet, and if it has a team, the duet has to be from that team too because of the quota limits.

Adesso, Vojthas ha scritto:

Yeah, that's the problem - it shouldn't be, because each NOC can have only one duet, and if it has a team, the duet has to be from that team too because of the quota limits.

I think that it's a mistake that they will update... IOC and FINA just approve it without having read the file :p

It should say more correctly : ", The duet

hace 14 horas, Gianlu33 said:

Creo que es un error que actualicen ... El COI y la FINA lo aprueban sin haber leído el archivo :p

t should say more correctly : ", The duet of Japan cannot classify in the continental championships of Asia, since Japan has classified the team as the representative of the Asian Continent"