website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Qualification Systems

vor 10 Stunden schrieb phelps:

c'mon, man!!! why??? :facepalm::wall::wall::wall::stop::stop::stop:

they get us crazy with "universality" and "gender equality" and then they take decisions like this that would cut the number of medallists by more than 50%???

do they want GER and HUN to win almost every medal? why not giving them directly without even wasting money and time to organize the Olympic regatta? :redcard::thumbdown::facepalm::wall:

Are we talking about sprint or slalom? I don't think that Germany would profit much from being allowed to enter more than one boat, maybe except for men's K1, don't know about Hungary ...

I would still like to know why you can enter 3 or more athletes in some events but only 1 in other events ... ?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 8 Stunden schrieb prso1000:

I think limitation to one country is good, as there are several disciplines. This is really stupid idea. 

If they do it in canoeing then they have to do it in rowing as well and maybe few other sports, and for slalom canoeing as well. 

Why not having then more than one competitor per nation in wrestling, taekwando, judo etc. 

I actually think that a nation should be allowed to enter 3 athletes in every event, of course only if they are good enough to qualify. Why can the US have 3 athletes in women's 100 m hurdles while China can only have 2 athletes in men's table tennis?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

hace 14 minutos, nenad said:

i don't see difference between team crews in for example kayak and team sports like basketball, handball etc. 

That's a good point, for me the limit should be individual or pair events. Any event which involves 3 or more people making a team should stay 1 country, 1 quota.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb LDOG:

That's a good point, for me the limit should be individual or pair events. Any event which involves 3 or more people making a team should stay 1 country, 1 quota.

That would only mean "no two boats of one nation in K4". The rules are not very fair in general. Why is it allowed to have more than one double in tennis but only one duo in diving? Maybe they only allow a nation to compete with two different K2's, if that nation has enough athletes in K4/K1 qualified to form 2 K2's? That would also be unfair, because what would happen with C2? It all seems to be rather tricky ...

Personally i would only allow multiple athletes of one nation in K1/C1, but not K2/C2/K4.

In Rio men's C2 was probably the least competitive event, so i would have preferred to see IOC cutting that event and keeping C1/K1 200 m, but that's just me. Considering that most nations seem to have huge problems to find one semi-decent team in C2, i doubt that allowing nations to enter more than one C2 would really make a difference ...

18 ore fa, OlympicsFan ha scritto:

Are we talking about sprint or slalom? I don't think that Germany would profit much from being allowed to enter more than one boat, maybe except for men's K1, don't know about Hungary ...

I would still like to know why you can enter 3 or more athletes in some events but only 1 in other events ... ?

having mentioned Hungary, it's quite obvious that I was referring to sprint canoeing, of course (but, as I wrote, this was just an example suggested by the starting point of the whole argument...meanwhile my consideration was more about the general rules about participation)...

and I never wrote that I'm in favor of having 1 or more than 1 starter per NOC according to "random" rules...

I think that all "team sports" and the individual sports with limited spots (let's say 30/40 or less) should have 1 place per NOC...meanwhile those individual sports (like athletics and swimming) where, if you're good enough to match a mid/high-level participation standard, you're qualified in any case, could have 2 spots per NOC (I'm "politically" and "ideologically" against the 3rd -and 4th, 5th etc.- spot to avoid even a marginal theoretical chance of one Country sweeping the entire podium)...

that's with current rules with limited participation...

in case there were no limits to the number of starters in all the individual events, then, and only in that case, I could be in favor of removing also the spots per NOC limitations (and always only talking about individual events...team events -which include also canoeing, rowing, sailing, cycling, racket sports etc. events contested by "pairs" or "crews" with 2 or 3 members- should always have just one team per NOC)...

p.s. and this is just my strictly personal opinion...never thought to be "the truth"...;)

8 minutes ago, DaniSRB said:

No Mixed team quotas? It would be like Mixed Doubles in Tennis Teams only from athletes qualified in individual teams)?