website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

16 hours ago, Vojthas said:

I think Hungary would rather use Hosszú in backstroke instead of butterfly, as they have Cseh and Kenderesi.

Of course some teams will use another way and even will win medals sometimes.
Let's see 2017 World championships. Maybe I wrong but I think the most teams will use the way with man backstroke/ man breaststroke/ woman butterfly/ woman freestyle in the final. And this tendency is unfair for the opposite style athletes of both genders.

Edited by Dmitry

• 2 weeks later...

finally someone is starting to say that IOC's obsession for gender equality is not making a good service to the sport...

EUBC (European Boxing Confederation) stated in an official document presented by the President in person, Mr. Franco Falcinelli, all of their doubts about the new program proposed for the next Summer Olympics and made a counter-proposal that I hope will be evaluated with attention and intellectual honesty and not just dropped without even discussing it...

here's the EUBC considerations:

http://www.eubcboxing.org/news/womens-boxing-in-tokio-2020/

Il y a 6 heures , phelps a déclaré:

finally someone is starting to say that IOC's obsession for gender equality is not making a good service to the sport...

EUBC (European Boxing Confederation) stated in an official document presented by the President in person, Mr. Franco Falcinelli, all of their doubts about the new program proposed for the next Summer Olympics and made a counter-proposal that I hope will be evaluated with attention and intellectual honesty and not just dropped without even discussing it...

here's the EUBC considerations:

http://www.eubcboxing.org/news/womens-boxing-in-tokio-2020/

Have you read his "solution" :rolleyes: . it basically means the sport will move from a 13 events sport to a 17 events one. It's not going to happen, you're not called 'FINA', you can't just add more gold medals just like that.

Women boxing is a very minor sport, barrely worthy of the Olympics if you ask me, 5 events is way more than enough for what is.

And, yes, there should be a final bout for the bronze medal, but that goes for any combat sport (men or women).

Nice one, though.

well, I don't think the question of increasing the number of Gold medals awarded is the key point in this case...;)

we all know that the main issue is the total number of athletes of every sport...

but Falcinelli's idea keeps the total number of boxers within the IOC indications...:evil:

on the other hand, the next big question is the fact that IOC and AIBA will never give green light to this proposal because it would mean that their first idea was completeley wrong...

and we all know that ego of this bunch of idiots always comes first...they can't be wrong and they're untouchable by definition...:yikes::facepalm::wall:

so, I also think that it would end up in nothing, but still I'm glad that at least someone "important" in the world of sport started raising doubts and objections to this fool politics pursued by Bach and his crew...

p.s. by the way, I think that women's boxing shouldn't even exists (women don't have enough of the most important feature required from boxing: power)...so, you can imagine what's my opinion on this question...:pope:

il y a 2 minutes, phelps a déclaré:

well, I don't think the question of increasing the number of Gold medals awarded is the key point in this case...;)

we all know that the main issue is the total number of athletes of every sport...

but Falcinelli's idea keeps the total number of boxers within the IOC indications...:evil:

Personally, it is. I allways really disliked how the numbers of events of any given sport  doesn't seem to have any relation with the relative strengh of the  given sport on the world scale (FINA, being by far the biggest culprit here).

But, that's personnal, and, granted, the IOC doesn't seem to care.

Citation

so, I also think that it would end up in nothing, but still I'm glad that at least someone "important" in the world of sport started raising doubts and objections to this fool politics pursued by Bach and his crew...

You right, I'll give him that. Even if the end's goal (IMHO) might not be that one, but simply having more medals to rack.

On 8/4/2017 at 11:13, Benolympique said:

when calendar scheduled day for day tokyo 2020

Probably sometime in 2019?

A preliminary calendar from the candidature file is on Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Summer_Olympics#Calendar

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

On 4/8/2017 at 16:44, Mkbw50 said:

Modern Penathlon: League of Legends, Counter Strike: Global Offensive, FIFA 17, Rocket League, Pokémon Sun/Moon

It's coming true! http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/40875324

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold