website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

16 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Anyway, if somehow this is real, I guess this mixed-nations teams wouldn't really be a threat for a medal, right?

Yeah, probably not, but there could be some decent teams nevertheless.

In any case, FEI already significally increased number of team quotas by reducing size of the teams from 4 to 3, so with that in mind mixed-NOC teams would be even weirder.

#banbestmen

vor 1 Stunde schrieb dcro:

And, most importantly, it's not mentioned in any of the qualification systems or in Memo.

It is mentioned in the qualification systems. It's mentioned underReallocation of Team Quote Places: http://inside.fei.org/system/files/JUMPING Tokyo 2020 - Qualification System_7 August 2017.pdf

8 minutes ago, EselTheDonkey said:

It is mentioned in the qualification systems. It's mentioned underReallocation of Team Quote Places: http://inside.fei.org/system/files/JUMPING Tokyo 2020 - Qualification System_7 August 2017.pdf

Composite teams are mentioned, not mixed-NOC teams. Definition of composite team is given on the appendix at the last page. Basically a team created because enough individuals from a certain nation have qualified to form a team, we had those in Rio too (now it's slightly different process because nations can qualify only one individual so composite teams are exceptional circumstance).

#banbestmen

hace 1 hora, heywoodu said:

By the way, if we're comparing with the Ancient Olympics, we might as well also throw out women entirely, throw out the use of clothes and stop professionals from competing :p (although I'm not sure the Greek competitors were considered amateurs)

Half the tickets were free back then, so that's a good thing to go back to :d 

You should also throw out sports like waterpolo or handball too because they didn't exist back then either, but that's not the point I'm making. The competition between nations is the very basic core of the games, If you even ditch that then it's not the olympic games anymore, other than in name.

If it came to pass then yes this would be the worst ever change to the Olympics to date. Mixed NOC teams, who cares about that :facepalm:

So along with urban and youthful they should mention the word mixed, because they like that a LOT! :d

I highly doubt this will happen though.

2 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

If it came to pass then yes this would be the worst ever change to the Olympics to date. Mixed NOC teams, who cares about that :facepalm:

So along with urban and youthful they should mention the word mixed, because they like that a LOT! :d

Not "mixed", diverse nationality team is the correct Agenda 2020 term.

You have disobeyed Agenda 2020.

You shall be eliminated.

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

8 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

Definitely some people who are just normal sports fans instead of diehard sports fans, and suddenly have someone in a team competition :p  (in one of the likely few teams like this)

I still see no way  how this is worse than kicking out great events in favour of gender equality pushing mixed events.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 hours ago, Agger said:

But then again, would you go to watch naked men doing sports? :lol:

I would not :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, mrv86 said:

It seems polluted open water venue is not limited to "3rd world" countries

Article

A little surprised I must say...

I don't know why, but I'm not, instead...:whistle::facepalm:

however, I'd rather expect Tokyo Bay water to be positive to radioactive substances, too...I hope they're not hiding the truth about it, since after the Fukuyama tragedy they've not been that transparent neither to the scientific community nor the local people...

in this kind of situation, it's sad to be said, politicians are the same all over the world...