website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Nope. Adding way too many mixed team events in every sport imaginable is closer to being the worst idea the IOC ever had, much worse than an event in which unqualified nations could theoretically form a few teams.

It's the olympic, not the beer festival... The medal must go the the best athletes, and not to a mixed team... btw, i like the composite team, it wasn't a bad idea

4 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

It's the olympic, not the beer festival... 

That's what I thought, but then they kicked out perfectly fine slalom canoeing and shooting events and replaced them with booooring stuff because the gender equality police will, at all cost, get what they want.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

That's what I thought, but then they kicked out perfectly fine slalom canoeing and shooting events and replaced them with booooring stuff because the gender equality police will, at all cost, get what they want.

Ah, the gender equality, another amazing idea :lol: Luckly Bach have some problems of political support (if you see his candidate for the NOCs representative lost the elections)

I'm with Gianlu.

The forced gender equality is bad, but this stupidity would be worse.

The point of the olympic games (I mean, from ancient greece) was athletic competition between nations (cities/kingdoms back in the day) and crowning national heroes. This would throw away all that tradition just for the sake of "inclusion".

6 minutes ago, LDOG said:

I'm with Gianlu.

The forced gender equality is bad, but this stupidity would be worse.

The point of the olympic games (I mean, from ancient greece) was athletic competition between nations (cities/kingdoms back in the day) and crowning national heroes. This would throw away all that tradition just for the sake of "inclusion".

If this was about many events and, more importantly, the entire event (as in, most teams would be mixed teams), I would agree :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Calm down people, I doubt there's much truth to that. :d

I didn't read about it anywhere, and I read all sorts of sites almost daily (FEI, Eventing Nation, Eurodressage, Dressage-News, World-of-Show-Jumping). And, most importantly, it's not mentioned in any of the qualification systems or in Memo.

#banbestmen

By the way, if we're comparing with the Ancient Olympics, we might as well also throw out women entirely, throw out the use of clothes and stop professionals from competing :p (although I'm not sure the Greek competitors were considered amateurs)

Half the tickets were free back then, so that's a good thing to go back to :d 

14 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

By the way, if we're comparing with the Ancient Olympics, we might as well also throw out women entirely, throw out the use of clothes and stop professionals from competing :p (although I'm not sure the Greek competitors were considered amateurs)

Half the tickets were free back then, so that's a good thing to go back to :d 

But then again, would you go to watch naked men doing sports? :lol:

46 minutes ago, dcro said:

Calm down people, I doubt there's much truth to that. :d

I didn't read about it anywhere, and I read all sorts of sites almost daily (FEI, Eventing Nation, Eurodressage, Dressage-News, World-of-Show-Jumping). And, most importantly, it's not mentioned in any of the qualification systems or in Memo.

I thought so. Even though this is the biggest sports page in Brazil, the article uses as source only 1 person. Even if the matter has been discussed/approved, we must wait official confirmation.

Anyway, if somehow this is real, I guess this mixed-nations teams wouldn't really be a threat for a medal, right?