website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

Just now, intoronto said:

Which part(s)?

Almost all. Literally taking away dozens of quota from certain sports, the forced, politically correct addition of mixed events everywhere (even a 4x400m in athletics, come on, that whole event is not even a 'thing' in professional athletes), three (!) more events on the overloaded swimming programme instead of cutting some events to make place for others. Those are the worst parts in my opiniion. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

This is so incredly disappointing. Honestly, I'm so mad :lol:

What exactly? The cut in weightlifting?

E: Ah, nevermind. It's above mine now.

Edited by Quasit

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

2 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Quite disappointing to see them keeping synchronized swimming intact, while reducing from swimming/water polo. This goes to show you how dumb these people are.

Only disappointing for sycronized swimming is that they didn't add the mixed duet

Just now, heywoodu said:

Almost all. Literally taking away dozens of quota from certain sports, the forced, politically correct addition of mixed events everywhere (even a 4x400m in athletics, come on, that whole event is not even a 'thing' in professional athletes), three (!) more events on the overloaded swimming programme instead of cutting some events to make place for others. Those are the worst parts in my opiniion. 

Its plain madness, I agree. Politically correct or not, women's sports are as globally developed as their men's counterpart (though with these additions, that should hopefully change?)

Just now, intoronto said:

Its plain madness, I agree. Politically correct or not, women's sports are as globally developed as their men's counterpart (though with these additions, that should hopefully change?)

You mean 'aren't'? :p 

I have absolutely nothing against the same number of men and women of course, but why not give certain women's events time to become 'a thing' first? And the mixed stuff is even worse, who on earth cares about the 4x400m mixed relay :lol:

And come on, be a decent freestyle swimmer and you can win 4 Olymic golds without ever going less than 200 meters. It's just so stupid. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!