website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

6 minutes ago, intoronto said:

3x3 does have a lot of exotic nations doing better then in the traditional format. 

mostly because the traditional powerhouses didn't take it serious YET, things will change if it makes it to the Olympics.

2 minutes ago, Agger said:

Insidethegames are expecting 3x3 basketball and BMX freestyle to be approved :facepalm:

More positive is that they also believe that madison will be. :thumbup:

But it should become more clear tomorrow!

I hope the madison will be in. I really miss the points race though. Used to be one of my favourite Olympic events across the board.

Great, they are planning to take away quotas from smaller nations in cross-country and road cycling... All to give big nations even more athletes and more medals.

BMX freestyle is a nightmare. They should have pushed for XC eliminator or team relay instead.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

28 minutes ago, Agger said:

More positive is that they also believe that madison will be. :thumbup:

Yeah, sadly that includes women's madison. They should have given that some time to develop and add it in 2024, because it was an absolute joke at the world championships. It's all nice and super duper hip to have an exactly equal number of male/female events, but at least add events with a decent enough level. Surely another women's event would have a more interesting field?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!