website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

Someity sounds like they couldn't find a name and came up with sort of a Japanised version of 'Something' :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Two years to go today until the opening ceremony :cheer:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I don't know if this was commented here before, but the schedule indicates that we will have a new format in Basketball. Preliminary round goes from July 26th to August 3rd (9 days), with 4 matches per day all in the same arena. That would indicate 3 groups of 4 teams for each tournament, instead of the usual 2 groups of 6. If this happens, I wonder if they will use the same system of Women's Football with the two best 3rd placed teams qualifying to the quarterfinals :mumble:

1 ora fa, vinipereira ha scritto:

I don't know if this was commented here before, but the schedule indicates that we will have a new format in Basketball. Preliminary round goes from July 26th to August 3rd (9 days), with 4 matches per day all in the same arena. That would indicate 3 groups of 4 teams for each tournament, instead of the usual 2 groups of 6. If this happens, I wonder if they will use the same system of Women's Football with the two best 3rd placed teams qualifying to the quarterfinals :mumble:

I really hope that's a mistake...to me, that's the worst format in the world (in the women's football I'd rather change it to 4 groups of 3, with the best 2 in each group going through to the quarters)...

and also, why use 2 stadiums (with many games at the same time) for Field Hockey? if they just don't want to go until the last day of the Games, it would be enough to have day #1 of the preliminary stage (both women and men) in the 2 days before the opening ceremony and keep the usual format with 6 games per day in 1 single venue...

I just don't understand the IOC/local organizers when they build such a senseless schedule...:facepalm:

On 7/20/2018 at 07:12, Giovanni Gianni Cattaneo said:

I'm a morning.man, Sidney's time was very good for me: get up at 5.00, a look at night's events, and then all live. Rio was a little bit too late. The drama will be LA:::

Not if you live in LA :p