website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

19 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Popcorn for what? Having the Olympics mostly in the night is awesome :cheer:

And yet the most of it will be in the morning European time... And at the same time.

At this point I'm honestly hoping for morning swimming finals. :p

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, dcro said:

And yet the most of it will be in the morning European time... And at the same time.

At this point I'm honestly hoping for morning swimming finals. :p

Morning is fine too, like Pyeongchang :p 

I mean, I like when it starts anywhere between 23:00 and 01:00, generally speaking, because then most of the sports day is in a time when at least here there won't be people awake asking for your attention :d Plus when it's over halfway in the afternoon, that leaves plenty of time for stuff like stocking up in the supermarket, which is hard when the Olympics are in Europe (since then the supermarkets are closed outside of the sports hours :p )

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 ore fa, Maxim Fastovsky ha scritto:

Hey i enjoyed it being at 8PM :) off course i'm a minority, but still it's gonna be awesome

I understand your point of view...and I'd love to have them at 8 p.m. here (in Central Europe), too...

the main problem is that 8 p.m. in the USA, here is something from 2 to 5 a.m. (depending on where you live, East Coast, Central US or West Coast)...

so, I guess they won't be able to make both of us happy...and I don't know why? I think there are lots more chances that you'll get the best start time...:rofl::facepalm:

personally, my best Olympic time window is the US East Coast time (Rio too was almost perfect)...

I like taking afternoon, evening and night to watch the Games, then going to sleep around 5/6 a.m. until 10 a.m. and still having the late morning hours to manage my own affairs...

meanwhile I've never liked the Far East Olympics...those times are very uncomfortable to me...:facepalm:

21 minutes ago, phelps said:

the main problem is that 8 p.m. in the USA, here is something from 2 to 5 a.m. (depending on where you live, East Coast, Central US or West Coast)...

Just like in Rio. That was awesome, on the major Dutch forum the only people watching and posting were people actually interested in the sports instead of people who don't care and just come to troll (which happens a lot when it's during daytime) :woohoo:

Still hate the fact that I'm being mocked for the 200m breaststroke though. One guy asked "who's the favourite for this race?", I answered "Everyone but Balandin."......couple minutes later, Balandin won the gold.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minuto fa, heywoodu ha scritto:

Just like in Rio. That was awesome, on the major Dutch forum the only people watching and posting were people actually interested in the sports instead of people who don't care and just come to troll (which happens a lot when it's during daytime) :woohoo:

Still hate the fact that I'm being mocked for the 200m breaststroke though. One guy asked "who's the favourite for this race?", I answered "Everyone but Balandin."......couple minutes later, Balandin won the gold.

to be honest, I don't care about forums that much during the Olympics...I prefer to focus on the competitions (and generally in those days I have both PC and TV running pictures from the Games venues rather than writing on some forum)...

there's so much time to discuss after the Games are over...just in case...:d

8 minutes ago, phelps said:

to be honest, I don't care about forums that much during the Olympics...I prefer to focus on the competitions (and generally in those days I have both PC and TV running pictures from the Games venues rather than writing on some forum)...

there's so much time to discuss after the Games are over...just in case...:d

For me, half of my sports-watching fun comes from discussing stuff with other fans, preferably live :d