website statistics

The World Games 2017

uk12points

5 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Is there somewhere you can find list of athletes by sport? I have no idea who is competing for Ireland or which sports. I checked wikipedia just to be sure and apparently we have some athletes here :d

https://theworldgames2017.com/en/results/

Click on "Athletes" in the bar above the schedule and then "By Country" -> "Ireland".

So Ireland depend mostly on Tug of War. :d

Edited by Quasit

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

14 minutes ago, Quasit said:

Click on "Athletes" in the bar above the schedule and then "By Country" -> "Ireland".

Well yes, looks like Tug of War is where I need to be then :lol:. So we compete in a grand total of 5 events, really impressive :d.

21 minutes ago, Quasit said:

By the way, why is there only one person listed as part of our Men's 700kg Tug of War team?.... impressive if he is a one-man team :d

8 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

It's very sad :( But your NOC haven't money for 3 athletes and their staff? :mumble: 

For this "third tier" sport (which is not  in the Olympics nor Asian Games), it is common for athletes or federation to find their own funding.  to compete. Although they can request funding from the Ministry of Youth and Sports, I think the ministry is just too focused to thr SEA Games preparation. Even some of thise SEA Games athletes haven't received funding so they can't compete elsewhere to test their skills... :(

It was the same case for Cali 2013, our powerlifters got left out  because they couldn't find funding. While our Wushu athletes can go because the Federation president is very keen of this and use his own money to cover the cost.

Edited by Griff88

5 hours ago, Griff88 said:

For this "third tier" sport (which is not  in the Olympics nor Asian Games), it is common for athletes or federation to find their own funding.  to compete. Although they can request funding from the Ministry of Youth and Sports, I think the ministry is just too focused to thr SEA Games preparation. Even some of thise SEA Games athletes haven't received funding so they can't compete elsewhere to test their skills... :(

It was the same case for Cali 2013, our powerlifters got left out  because they couldn't find funding. While our Wushu athletes can go because the Federation president is very keen of this and use his own money to cover the cost.

In Indonesia your sport Ministery decide the founding? :yikes: Here the sport ministery is a political and unsless sport for have at the governament a better political majority. Here the governament every years give some money to the CONI and the CONI decided all

8 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

In Indonesia your sport Ministery decide the founding? :yikes: Here the sport ministery is a political and unsless sport for have at the governament a better political majority. Here the governament every years give some money to the CONI and the CONI decided all

The Ministry allocate funding to the NOC, National Sport Committee (for non-Olympic sports), NPC. Then those 3 bodies allocate to each federations in need. We have also a special committee to handle multi sport events. The problem is all of them are "conflicting" and leave athletes to suffer while they keep demanding good results.... Even the sport funding must be shared for Youth development which just host not-so-important events.

Just now, Gianlu33 said:

I'll try to do it ;) Btw, if we don't fount nothing it will be aviable on Olympic Channel at 22 CET

But the Olympic Channel is showing nothing but "Sorry" thing since last night (or afternoon in your timezone) despite I've tried to disable adblock or change IP..