Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account


uk12points

Commonwealth Games 2018

Recommended Posts

nitinsanker    38
Just now, sanjaydas said:

Comeback from behind victory. Will this be the second best CWG for India

 

This is the best CWG as far as me .. The common wealth games are always very different .... If we had the same events here as in 2010 we would have been far ahead of england .....................

 

in 2010 we had pairs events in all categories   of shooting and centre and standard pistol in shooting -   I reckon we would have won almost all the pairs events in pistols and most of the pairs events in rifle , also centre fire and standard pistol which are pet specialities in India would have been 3-4 golds for us ...... total plus gold 12-14 golds 

 

In 2010 we had greco roman which we do not have here ..... at least 5 more golds on current form 

 

In 2010 we had archery - out of 10 events I feel we could win at 5-6 golds 

 

If we add that to the 25 or so  golds I feel we will win here ............. we would have ended up with 45 -50  golds with the current team ......... and That would have been well ahead of England .......

 

also note that England this time have lot inflation of gold through 2 simple techniques ......

1. they have added events in swimming  ( 50 in 2018 instead of 44 in 2010  ) so reduce their tally  by 3-4 golds 

2. They have added events in track cycling ( 20 in 2018  instead of 12 in 2010 ) so reduce their tally by 3-4 golds again 

 

They may get 1-2 golds in archery extra to be honest

 

but if the 2018 commonwealth had the same games of 2010 

 

the medal table would read India 50 gold  and England would read ( let us say they end up with 42-44  golds by tomorrow )  reduce that tally by 7-8 they would end up with 35 golds ...........

 

India has done much better this time ...... our team is stronger .......

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sanjaydas    1
37 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

This is the best CWG as far as me .. The common wealth games are always very different .... If we had the same events here as in 2010 we would have been far ahead of england .....................

 

in 2010 we had pairs events in all categories   of shooting and centre and standard pistol in shooting -   I reckon we would have won almost all the pairs events in pistols and most of the pairs events in rifle , also centre fire and standard pistol which are pet specialities in India would have been 3-4 golds for us ...... total plus gold 12-14 golds 

 

In 2010 we had greco roman which we do not have here ..... at least 5 more golds on current form 

 

In 2010 we had archery - out of 10 events I feel we could win at 5-6 golds 

 

If we add that to the 25 or so  golds I feel we will win here ............. we would have ended up with 45 -50  golds with the current team ......... and That would have been well ahead of England .......

 

also note that England this time have lot inflation of gold through 2 simple techniques ......

1. they have added events in swimming  ( 50 in 2018 instead of 44 in 2010  ) so reduce their tally  by 3-4 golds 

2. They have added events in track cycling ( 20 in 2018  instead of 12 in 2010 ) so reduce their tally by 3-4 golds again 

 

They may get 1-2 golds in archery extra to be honest

 

but if the 2018 commonwealth had the same games of 2010 

 

the medal table would read India 50 gold  and England would read ( let us say they end up with 42-44  golds by tomorrow )  reduce that tally by 7-8 they would end up with 35 golds ...........

 

India has done much better this time ...... our team is stronger .......

 

 

 

 

 

All 12 wrestlers have a medal. Extreme improvement in Table Tennis. Somehow we do not win at the Asian and World level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sanjaydas    1
2 minutes ago, sanjaydas said:

All 12 wrestlers have a medal. Extreme improvement in Table Tennis. Somehow we do not win at the Asian and World level.

First time India won medals in all wrestling categories that were in the CWG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dcro    1,986

Surprised to hear 2018 TISC Annual song playing during the rugby sevens match! :yikes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
juddy96    138

:PAK wins gold in wrestling!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Glen    35

2nd bronze medal for Malta in these Games, this time in Trap. Gold for :WAL and silver for :ENG.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nitinsanker    38
1 hour ago, sanjaydas said:

All 12 wrestlers have a medal. Extreme improvement in Table Tennis. Somehow we do not win at the Asian and World level.

We have never had a women player of the class of Manika .... but she still is ranked only in the 50s in the world  .......but the way she has played in CWG .. there is a huge improvement...If she pushes up her ranking she has a chance to go to top 20 and then and only then can we see any medals in the asian games .............. also the asian games level is more or less the same as the world level ....possibly stronger ...............

 

But in this commonwealth games we have had possible world beaters .......

 the badminton team is truly world class ... the best they have been in any commonwealth games according to me ..... Already in singles we are the best in the world ...... if the doubles pairs improves than we can become a world power like china or indonesia...... I have high hopes of mens doubles ( chirag and satwik )  they are 17 and 20 very young they can easily become a top 10 team possibly in 1-2 years ..... 

 

The wrestling team still may struggel .. the only world class players are sushil , bajrang and vinesh ..... we need a couple of others to be of that class to really think of world medals ....

 

I also loved the weightlifting team ...... Mirakhom is a world champion and she is coming into her own,  Sanjita needs to improve around 10 kgs to be world medal range ....The other weightlifters like deepak lather , Rahul are all in 16-20 in age .. if they improve really well we can have a world class weightlifting team besides Mirakhom

 

And what about the shooting ... In jitu and heena we had a world class shooters already but anish at 15 was indias youngest CWG gold medallist ever I think ...... Manu Bhakker is amazing she has it in her to dominate the world and she is only 16 , Mahuli is 17 ..... and I personally feel we did not get some of best shooters here . Bubuta , akash sheoran and shivar raza , vallikal were not here .. this squad can win multiple medals and I am hoping to see what they do in the world champs ......

 

so plenty of talent 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
juddy96    138
32 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

We have never had a women player of the class of Manika .... but she still is ranked only in the 50s in the world  .......but the way she has played in CWG .. there is a huge improvement...If she pushes up her ranking she has a chance to go to top 20 and then and only then can we see any medals in the asian games .............. also the asian games level is more or less the same as the world level ....possibly stronger ...............

 

But in this commonwealth games we have had possible world beaters .......

 the badminton team is truly world class ... the best they have been in any commonwealth games according to me ..... Already in singles we are the best in the world ...... if the doubles pairs improves than we can become a world power like china or indonesia...... I have high hopes of mens doubles ( chirag and satwik )  they are 17 and 20 very young they can easily become a top 10 team possibly in 1-2 years ..... 

 

The wrestling team still may struggel .. the only world class players are sushil , bajrang and vinesh ..... we need a couple of others to be of that class to really think of world medals ....

 

I also loved the weightlifting team ...... Mirakhom is a world champion and she is coming into her own,  Sanjita needs to improve around 10 kgs to be world medal range ....The other weightlifters like deepak lather , Rahul are all in 16-20 in age .. if they improve really well we can have a world class weightlifting team besides Mirakhom

 

And what about the shooting ... In jitu and heena we had a world class shooters already but anish at 15 was indias youngest CWG gold medallist ever I think ...... Manu Bhakker is amazing she has it in her to dominate the world and she is only 16 , Mahuli is 17 ..... and I personally feel we did not get some of best shooters here . Bubuta , akash sheoran and shivar raza , vallikal were not here .. this squad can win multiple medals and I am hoping to see what they do in the world champs ......

 

so plenty of talent 

 

Manika currently ranked 58th in the world, and 37th in Asia... Asia is too good. But the rankings aren't always accurate, Mo Zhang (Canada) is rank 26 atm and I wouldn't put her near that high

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nitinsanker    38
7 minutes ago, juddy96 said:

 

Manika currently ranked 58th in the world, and 37th in Asia... Asia is too good. But the rankings aren't always accurate, Mo Zhang (Canada) is rank 26 atm and I wouldn't put her near that high

I agree ...... But still I feel she should continue this level of play and move up towards the top 20 .... then she can be considered truly world class 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thepharoah    182

very big achievement for Manika Batra , Congrats :yes and :NGR Aruna Quadri reached Table tennis Men's singles final to face :SGP Ning Gao 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nitinsanker    38
2 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

very big achievement for Manika Batra , Congrats :yes and :NGR Aruna Quadri reached Table tennis Men's singles final to face :SGP Ning Gao 

I would back aruna .... He is in my opinion ... the best man by far in this contest 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thepharoah    182
4 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

I would back aruna .... He is in my opinion ... the best man by far in this contest 

 

yeah , i also like Aruna , despite the fact he's the main rival for our player Omar Assar in Africa , i t think he's such player that u can put your money on 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×