website statistics

Commonwealth Games 2018

uk12points

2 minutes ago, sanjaydas said:

All 12 wrestlers have a medal. Extreme improvement in Table Tennis. Somehow we do not win at the Asian and World level.

First time India won medals in all wrestling categories that were in the CWG

1 hour ago, sanjaydas said:

All 12 wrestlers have a medal. Extreme improvement in Table Tennis. Somehow we do not win at the Asian and World level.

We have never had a women player of the class of Manika .... but she still is ranked only in the 50s in the world  .......but the way she has played in CWG .. there is a huge improvement...If she pushes up her ranking she has a chance to go to top 20 and then and only then can we see any medals in the asian games .............. also the asian games level is more or less the same as the world level ....possibly stronger ...............

But in this commonwealth games we have had possible world beaters .......

the badminton team is truly world class ... the best they have been in any commonwealth games according to me ..... Already in singles we are the best in the world ...... if the doubles pairs improves than we can become a world power like china or indonesia...... I have high hopes of mens doubles ( chirag and satwik )  they are 17 and 20 very young they can easily become a top 10 team possibly in 1-2 years ..... 

The wrestling team still may struggel .. the only world class players are sushil , bajrang and vinesh ..... we need a couple of others to be of that class to really think of world medals ....

I also loved the weightlifting team ...... Mirakhom is a world champion and she is coming into her own,  Sanjita needs to improve around 10 kgs to be world medal range ....The other weightlifters like deepak lather , Rahul are all in 16-20 in age .. if they improve really well we can have a world class weightlifting team besides Mirakhom

And what about the shooting ... In jitu and heena we had a world class shooters already but anish at 15 was indias youngest CWG gold medallist ever I think ...... Manu Bhakker is amazing she has it in her to dominate the world and she is only 16 , Mahuli is 17 ..... and I personally feel we did not get some of best shooters here . Bubuta , akash sheoran and shivar raza , vallikal were not here .. this squad can win multiple medals and I am hoping to see what they do in the world champs ......

so plenty of talent 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

32 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

We have never had a women player of the class of Manika .... but she still is ranked only in the 50s in the world  .......but the way she has played in CWG .. there is a huge improvement...If she pushes up her ranking she has a chance to go to top 20 and then and only then can we see any medals in the asian games .............. also the asian games level is more or less the same as the world level ....possibly stronger ...............

But in this commonwealth games we have had possible world beaters .......

the badminton team is truly world class ... the best they have been in any commonwealth games according to me ..... Already in singles we are the best in the world ...... if the doubles pairs improves than we can become a world power like china or indonesia...... I have high hopes of mens doubles ( chirag and satwik )  they are 17 and 20 very young they can easily become a top 10 team possibly in 1-2 years ..... 

The wrestling team still may struggel .. the only world class players are sushil , bajrang and vinesh ..... we need a couple of others to be of that class to really think of world medals ....

I also loved the weightlifting team ...... Mirakhom is a world champion and she is coming into her own,  Sanjita needs to improve around 10 kgs to be world medal range ....The other weightlifters like deepak lather , Rahul are all in 16-20 in age .. if they improve really well we can have a world class weightlifting team besides Mirakhom

And what about the shooting ... In jitu and heena we had a world class shooters already but anish at 15 was indias youngest CWG gold medallist ever I think ...... Manu Bhakker is amazing she has it in her to dominate the world and she is only 16 , Mahuli is 17 ..... and I personally feel we did not get some of best shooters here . Bubuta , akash sheoran and shivar raza , vallikal were not here .. this squad can win multiple medals and I am hoping to see what they do in the world champs ......

so plenty of talent 

Manika currently ranked 58th in the world, and 37th in Asia... Asia is too good. But the rankings aren't always accurate, Mo Zhang (Canada) is rank 26 atm and I wouldn't put her near that high

7 minutes ago, juddy96 said:

Manika currently ranked 58th in the world, and 37th in Asia... Asia is too good. But the rankings aren't always accurate, Mo Zhang (Canada) is rank 26 atm and I wouldn't put her near that high

I agree ...... But still I feel she should continue this level of play and move up towards the top 20 .... then she can be considered truly world class 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

2 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

very big achievement for Manika Batra , Congrats :yes and :NGR Aruna Quadri reached Table tennis Men's singles final to face :SGP Ning Gao 

I would back aruna .... He is in my opinion ... the best man by far in this contest 

4 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

I would back aruna .... He is in my opinion ... the best man by far in this contest 

yeah , i also like Aruna , despite the fact he's the main rival for our player Omar Assar in Africa , i t think he's such player that u can put your money on