website statistics

Commonwealth Games 2018

uk12points

11 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

suprising to see Sumit beat Korey in the 125 freestyle ................

Comeback from behind victory. Will this be the second best CWG for India

India won lots of medals in pairs that are not in CWG any more.

Edited by sanjaydas

Just now, sanjaydas said:

Comeback from behind victory. Will this be the second best CWG for India

This is the best CWG as far as me .. The common wealth games are always very different .... If we had the same events here as in 2010 we would have been far ahead of england .....................

in 2010 we had pairs events in all categories   of shooting and centre and standard pistol in shooting -   I reckon we would have won almost all the pairs events in pistols and most of the pairs events in rifle , also centre fire and standard pistol which are pet specialities in India would have been 3-4 golds for us ...... total plus gold 12-14 golds 

In 2010 we had greco roman which we do not have here ..... at least 5 more golds on current form 

In 2010 we had archery - out of 10 events I feel we could win at 5-6 golds 

If we add that to the 25 or so  golds I feel we will win here ............. we would have ended up with 45 -50  golds with the current team ......... and That would have been well ahead of England .......

also note that England this time have lot inflation of gold through 2 simple techniques ......

1. they have added events in swimming  ( 50 in 2018 instead of 44 in 2010  ) so reduce their tally  by 3-4 golds 

2. They have added events in track cycling ( 20 in 2018  instead of 12 in 2010 ) so reduce their tally by 3-4 golds again 

They may get 1-2 golds in archery extra to be honest

but if the 2018 commonwealth had the same games of 2010 

the medal table would read India 50 gold  and England would read ( let us say they end up with 42-44  golds by tomorrow )  reduce that tally by 7-8 they would end up with 35 golds ...........

India has done much better this time ...... our team is stronger .......

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

37 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

This is the best CWG as far as me .. The common wealth games are always very different .... If we had the same events here as in 2010 we would have been far ahead of england .....................

in 2010 we had pairs events in all categories   of shooting and centre and standard pistol in shooting -   I reckon we would have won almost all the pairs events in pistols and most of the pairs events in rifle , also centre fire and standard pistol which are pet specialities in India would have been 3-4 golds for us ...... total plus gold 12-14 golds 

In 2010 we had greco roman which we do not have here ..... at least 5 more golds on current form 

In 2010 we had archery - out of 10 events I feel we could win at 5-6 golds 

If we add that to the 25 or so  golds I feel we will win here ............. we would have ended up with 45 -50  golds with the current team ......... and That would have been well ahead of England .......

also note that England this time have lot inflation of gold through 2 simple techniques ......

1. they have added events in swimming  ( 50 in 2018 instead of 44 in 2010  ) so reduce their tally  by 3-4 golds 

2. They have added events in track cycling ( 20 in 2018  instead of 12 in 2010 ) so reduce their tally by 3-4 golds again 

They may get 1-2 golds in archery extra to be honest

but if the 2018 commonwealth had the same games of 2010 

the medal table would read India 50 gold  and England would read ( let us say they end up with 42-44  golds by tomorrow )  reduce that tally by 7-8 they would end up with 35 golds ...........

India has done much better this time ...... our team is stronger .......

All 12 wrestlers have a medal. Extreme improvement in Table Tennis. Somehow we do not win at the Asian and World level.