website statistics

Commonwealth Games 2018

uk12points

7 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

Mediterranean games are an unsless event.. Italy won all whit their C athletes...

the rest of countries send their teams B/C too

but Italy mostly pariticpates with the biggest delegation

at last this is a regional games not games of language :lol:

1 hour ago, thepharoah said:

i think u mean in team sports , cuz i don't see Italy participating in on individual sports with even B athletes 

You are correct. Surely some big stars don't participate and I don't know who they are sending this year but until 2013 they were far from being considered useless by many federations and the NOC.

2 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

You are correct. Surely some big stars don't participate and I don't know who they are sending this year but until 2013 they were far from being considered useless by many federations and the NOC.

i'm following this Games from 2005 and i don't think it's useless , all countries send many of their bests in all individual sports , maybe except France to be honest 

1 hour ago, thepharoah said:

i think here every nation has its national anthem , this happened for Scotland , so i guess every nation or territory has the same feature 

Scotland is one of the Home Nations.. I assume this true to all nations but still not sure for British Overseas Territories (Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Falkland Islands, etc.)

Until I listen to it personally, I won't consider it true ;)

Unfortunately this time Commonwealth Games coverage on Youtube is not using the same system in Glasgow 2014...

Good day for India at the games today ...... Shreyasi surprising win compensating for Jitus/ Mithraval surprising losses in the 50m pistol and double trap events .... but also good news in boxing with every single male boxer making it to the semis ....... did lose two womens medals except for the ageless mary kom who reached the finals ......  

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

1 ora fa, bestmen ha scritto:

the rest of countries send their teams B/C too

but Italy mostly pariticpates with the biggest delegation

at last this is a regional games not games of language :lol:

Commonwealth games isn't for all contry that speak english but for all former country that was in the British empire :evil: Nowadays Commonwealth is a sort of politican union.. it's like we have the European Union Games 

10 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Commonwealth games isn't for all contry that speak english but for all former country that was in the British empire :evil: Nowadays Commonwealth is a sort of politican union.. it's like we have the European Union Games 

:yes

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

2 ore fa, Gianlu33 ha scritto:

We have European Union Games?

6 hours ago, thepharoah said:

i think here every nation has its national anthem , this happened for Scotland , so i guess every nation or territory has the same feature 

If a country does not have an official anthem they can nominate a song to use as an anthem

For instance, when England won  a gold medal they used to play the British anthem "God Save the Queen" until 1994 then they changed to the song "Land of Hope of Glory" and then in 2002 to the poem "Jerusalem" set to music.