website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

Bestmen, chill. Eventually we will run out of European countries that want to host ;) I, for example, would have never found the confidence to make a bid at organising a TISC, but it so happened that our song won the competition and I guess I felt responsible to host a show (even though I wanted to for a long time, but it just seemed like so much work that I was not capable to do). Also, there were multiple times when the host declined the hosting rights and we made bids and there were not that many non-European countries that would bid to host the contest.

Sur 30/06/2016 at 23:50 , OlympicIRL a déclaré:

Do you want me to put you down for half and half for question 2 like I did for heywoodu in question 1 when he couldn't decide between two alternatives? (I know that neutralises your vote but at least you are exercising your vote and giving your opinion) :d

Yes I'd like that, thanks!

Q1: a) definitely. As a person who loves music a lot, I am keen to discover some forgotten, or be reminded of some great gems from different countries. I guess most of users are young and do not like "old" music, but in my opinion, one of the aims of TISC Open is also to show other people what you nation, people.. have produced over the years... Whichever decade it was, I am sure all of you can find something; and even if you don't know you can explore and that's the fun also. I get it that many of us want to win, and are afraid how the song will be received... But let's learn about each others cultures! If it is folk, rock, ska, reggae, pop, metal... or whichever genre I am sure we can also broaden our views and music taste.

Q2: tough one, but I vote for a). Let the winner has right to choose whether to host or decline the hosting rights.