website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

If you're going forward with this, perhaps you can name it Totallympics Four Continents Challenge (TFCC).

But then again, as they say "less is more", so introducing another contest could devalue the existing ones...

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

On 14/5/2017 at 23:10, bestmen said:

as you know  europe is always the winner so all what we have to do is creating one new contest without europe

but we can invite the europeans who want to represent another nation

what do you think? : @konig @dezbee2008 @Griff88 @tuniscof @LDOG @titicow @Wanderer @mrv86 @Pabloffo @Ruslan @Il_qar........

I'm okay with this.. But I cant guarantee participation if it starts in a busy moment for me.

We might end up creating Continental Championships though :p

On 5/14/2017 at 18:10, bestmen said:

as you know  europe is always the winner so all what we have to do is creating one new contest without europe

but we can invite the europeans who want to represent another nation

what do you think? : @konig @dezbee2008 @Griff88 @tuniscof @LDOG @titicow @Wanderer @mrv86 @Pabloffo @Ruslan @Il_qar........

Hmmm, I think it is not a good idea to have another contest. As much as I love music, for a sport forum it might be too much and also, the excitement, importance and all the things regarding TISC may lose its value. 

However, if there is really strong will for such a contest, I might enter.

About winning the TISC... I must say I often feel disappointed with songs selection for the Open contests. I usually expect there for participants to dig deep and select songs which are at the same time less known and also not so much contemporary, for example, it would be better to have less songs from XXI century. I see Open contests as an opportunity to learn more about culture of the particular nation through the music. That would be ideal, of course. 

Language is not and shouldn't be a barrier for potential win, I still believe that. 

To have a European winner is also more probable given the percentage of European countries competing. Brazil was close this year to surprise and I think, when we make a retrospective - which songs were nominated and which ones won - one can make a winning choice easier. But after all, it is all about music tastes. I still keep playing despite the fact I am not very much fond of the most selections. But I enjoy the contest that much that a fact doesn't bother me at all :)

I already have a selection for TISC Open 2017 :d

On 15/05/2017 at 14:26, dezbee2008 said:

I'm down for it, if everyone else agrees.

it's ok for everyone ,so you can do it the next month , we have to add 2/3 rules : the song shouldn't be european, and there is no restriction about the year

don't worry when you open the thread everybody will join

18 hours ago, Wanderer said:

brazil was not close to win , and you say all that because you are european

this new contest will give the oppurtunity for the new nations having no users

we will try it , that's all

and looke at who gave you reputations only europeans  :thumbdown:

Edited by bestmen

On 16/05/2017 at 22:46, Wanderer said:

i forgot to tell you that you are not eligible to represent New zealand , you are from serbia

also bulgaria should be DSQ during the last edition , federer didn't listen to all the songs he sent the vote after less than 1 hour

so you never respected the rules all these editions in europe were FAKE WITHOUT QUALITY

22 hours ago, bestmen said:

brazil was not close to win , and you say all that because you are european

this new contest will give the oppurtunity for the new nations having no users

we will try it , that's all

and looke at who gave you reputations only europeans  :thumbdown:

No, I said that because that is my opinion and have nothing to do with my ethnicity and nationality. 

I really would like to see a non-European nation winning the contest but also, I would cheer and vote for more quality song regardless of the flag standing beside the song name.

1 hour ago, bestmen said:

i forgot to tell you that you are not eligible to represent New zealand , you are from serbia

also bulgaria should be DSQ during the last edition , federer didn't listen to all the songs he sent the vote after less than 1 hour

so you never respected the rules all these editions in europe were FAKE WITHOUT QUALITY

Okay, if you say I am not eligible, than it's okay :d

23 hours ago, bestmen said:

it's ok for everyone ,so you can do it the next month , we have to add 2/3 rules : the song shouldn't be european, and there is no restriction about the year

don't worry when you open the thread everybody will join

I could start doing it next month, but with the planning that goes on like at the main contests (and not just copying and pasting the rulebook from previous contests), plus my rather busy schedule, I'm afraid that isn't an option at the moment. Plus the man, the myth, the legend who is great at making templates for the two contests happens to be Irish (Dan, I'm looking at you) and I don't think he would be behind this idea considering the requirements. Still, it's something to consider so I hope you don't let this idea die.