website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

Ok, so bidding deadline day has arrived and it's now time to close the bidding window for the Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2017. So here are the 9 nations that will contend for the right to host the contest:

TISC Open 2017 - Host Candidates:

Official Bids:

:ALG  Algeria

:CAN  Canada

:CRO  Croatia

:MEX Mexico

:NZL New Zealand

:POL Poland

:SRB Serbia

:TUN Tunisia

:USA United States

I don't think there has been any agreement about how to conduct the bidding contest so by default we will have to revert to a game of luck. As many users suggested already, having 9 users from different parts of the world online at once might be tricky so probably better to break it down into heats somehow. How the hell to conduct this? I don't know yet, I'm still open to suggestions (seriously, please :d).

Maybe three heats of three nations, one nation advancing to the final from each and one other lucky loser making a final of 4 nations?

@OlympicIRL plzz no game of luck it's totally unjust

i propose to vote for one nation from each continent  including Wanderer in europe because he is from Serbia and NZ is lonly representing oceania , we will have 3 finalists :

1 Europe +1 America+1Africa

and by vote again one of them will win

4 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

Ok, so bidding deadline day has arrived and it's now time to close the bidding window for the Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2017. So here are the 9 nations that will contend for the right to host the contest:

Official Bids:

I don't think there has been any agreement about how to conduct the bidding contest so by default we will have to revert to a game of luck. As many users suggested already, having 9 users from different parts of the world online at once might be tricky so probably better to break it down into heats somehow. How the hell to conduct this? I don't know yet, I'm still open to suggestions (seriously, please :d).

Maybe three heats of three nations, one nation advancing to the final from each and one other lucky loser making a final of 4 nations?

We can all go to Ireland... I'll bring a piñata and, we take turns to hit it and after someone breaks it, whoever finds the golden key is the winner :p

Seriously, why not do it like the format many of us suggested... some kind of bracket (with a previous round between me and the Serbs) from which 4 winners go on to the final contest?

4 hours ago, mrv86 said:

We can all go to Ireland... I'll bring a piñata and, we take turns to hit it and after someone breaks it, whoever finds the golden key is the winner :p

Seriously, why not do it like the format many of us suggested... some kind of bracket (with a previous round between me and the Serbs) from which 4 winners go on to the final contest?

well than NZL can participate to as Wanderer hosted as much as me

it's about next user that will try to make great contest anyway

15 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

Official Bids:

If you're going that route, then I can tell you that luck and I are strangers xD

I was thinking about a knockout round which we have heats like so...

Heat 1: Algeria, New Zealand, Tunisia

Heat 2: Croatia, Poland, Serbia

Heat 3: Canada, Mexico, United States

Heat 4: The countries that came in second in their original heats (like a second chance round)

Then hold 2 semi finals with the 4 remaining countries. The two winners will face off in the final and whoever has the most votes becomes the host (and all by polling. I recommend strawpoll.me for real time results, thought I was thinking we might make the results hidden for added suspense)

17 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

Maybe having this system:

Preliminary round

Heat 1 (former hosts (users)) - :MEX:NZL:SRB

Heat 2 and Heat 3 - other six nations selected randomly.

One nation from Heat 1 + two nations from Heats 2 and 3 advance to the Grand Final of 5.

#banbestmen

2 hours ago, dcro said:

Maybe having this system:

Preliminary round

Heat 1 (former hosts (users)) - :MEX:NZL:SRB

Heat 2 and Heat 3 - other six nations selected randomly.

One nation from Heat 1 + two nations from Heats 2 and 3 advance to the Grand Final of 5.

Sure, that sounds like a good solution. Maybe, as suggested, I will make the other two heats regional based to ensure different regions are represented in the final.

Heat 2 ( :ALG:TUN and CRO/POL)

Heat 3 ( :CAN:USA and CRO/POL)

So at least one African nation and one American nation would be guaranteed a place in the final and the former hosts have a slightly harder route to the final, with only one advancing.

22 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Sure, that sounds like a good solution. Maybe, as suggested, I will make the other two heats regional based to ensure different regions are represented in the final.

Heat 2 ( :ALG:TUN and CRO/POL)

Heat 3 ( :CAN:USA and CRO/POL)

So at least one African nation and one American nation would be guaranteed a place in the final and the former hosts have a slightly harder route to the final, with only one advancing.

With this system we get the following win probabilities.

http://image.prntscr.com/image/ef7a81c013f1422fb3da369705334a6b.png

In general that's 80% possibility to see a new host and 20% possibility to see a former host repeating his/her duties.

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, bestmen said:

good idea !!

i just don't understand that all of you voted for this rule " the winner will be the host" and now you want to host and you present yourselves as candidate :lol:

What's not to understand? The winner doesn't want to host, therefore it's up to everybody else to bid.

That was actually one of the arguments for it.