Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
hckosice

Sprint Canoeing Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

uk12points    373
1 hour ago, mrv86 said:

Hreat news! I was doing some research and reading some news, and I found that Sao Tome & Principe Olympic Committee had attributed the place in Men's C1 1000m to its competitor. Doing some research I actually found that no competitor from Senegal did start in the 2015 World Championships, and therefore, that would make their NOC inelegible for the quota.

I think you are right, Senegal sent athletes in 2 events but both of them DID NOT START therefore technically Senegal did not compete at the 2015 World Championships and is therefore ineligible for a quota

uk12points    373
23 minutes ago, dcro said:

That's a bit strange. All that qualification systems says regarding that is,,,

Doesn't really say that NOC has to compete in the same event.

According to the results Senegal DID NOT START in every event they entered, so technically they did not compete at the 2015 World Championships and are ineligible for the quota

dcro    2,242
9 minutes ago, uk12points said:

According to the results Senegal DID NOT START in every event they entered, so technically they did not compete at the 2015 World Championships and are ineligible for the quota

:yes

That is some great news for :STP then! (And also great news for all the nations that were looking for Tripartite quota as STP was the favorite for that).

Edited by dcro

uk12points    373
34 minutes ago, dcro said:

:yes

That is some great news for :STP then! (And also great news for all the nations that were looking for Tripartite quota as STP was the favorite for that).

It is great news, we will still have to wait for the official confirmation from the ICF, but it looks like the luck of the Sao Tome canoe team is changing for the better!

Benolympique    78

The France team canoeing online just retrieve an additional quota for the Olympic Games, scheduled next summer in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil). This is the man canoe car 1000m (C1 1000). This quota, having been made by Oceania, following their continental qualification is reassigned based on the results of the Global 2015. The eighth of Mathieu Goubel in this event can recover this quota.

Fran-UDA    5
On 24/3/2016 at 18:20, hckosice said:

Women's K4-500m

Qualified Nations:

• :ARG Argentina
  • :BLR Belarus
  • :CHN China
  • :DEN Denmark
  • :FRA France
  • :GER Germany
  • :GBR Great Britain
  • :HUN Hungary
  • :NZL New Zealand
  • :POL Poland
  • :SRB Serbia
  • :UKR Ukraine

Total Athletes Qualified  48

Total Nations Qualified  12

Why France and Denmark are classified?

Edited by Fran-UDA

dareza    535

omg,after I reading some story about our team for Olympics I m really confused. Maybe at the end we will have just few athletes on Olympics because some of them will participate in few discipline. Tomicevic (k1 and k2), Novakovic (k1,k2), also Starovic can participate in all women's discipline. It will be very interesting to see first world cup. After that we will know almost all. Now I hope that we will win quota in women's k1 500 and we have really good chance in c1 1000 after France won quota.

hckosice    1,560
14 minutes ago, Fran-UDA said:

Sincerely I don´t know. I didn´t understood why  untill now too :d

dcro    2,242
33 minutes ago, Fran-UDA said:

That's ICF for you.

They literally changed their qualification system and gave France/Denmark quotas in K4. If I remember well there were some appeals about that.

sami-eg    8

They added two quota in Women's K4 for reallocation as mentioned in qualification file

Here is an Excel sheet for all qualified (reallocated) athletes(Quotas)

The athlete quota place(s) will be given to the largest boat category and the remaining athlete quota place is reallocated using the unused athlete quota place process as outlined in section G. Reallocation of Unused Quota Places.

Edited by sami-eg