website statistics

Golf Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

hckošice

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

I think that it's the time for remove golf by Tokyo 2024. Almost all athlete retired by games for economical reason. In a PGA if you'll finish in 4th place you'll win a lot of money instead at Olympic Games, if you'll finish in 4th place, you will not win anything.

In the PGA Tour or similar, you promote your sponsor whit clothes or similar and you receive money in return instead at Olympics you must dress whit national clothes.

Those reasons are all exactly the same in basically every other sport.

No, we should give golf a couple of Olympic cycles before deciding anything. Already saying it should be removed even before the first Olympics where it's back is way, way, way too early and makes absolutely no sense. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Those reasons are all exactly the same in basically every other sport.

No, we should give golf a couple of Olympic cycles before deciding anything. Already saying it should be removed even before the first Olympics where it's back is way, way, way too early and makes absolutely no sense. 

I know, but if all top athletes in the ranking reject the Olympic pass it's completly unless have the golf at the games. 

6 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

I know, but if all top athletes in the ranking reject the Olympic pass it's completly unless have the golf at the games. 

Yes. Did they reject it for 2020 and 2024 already as well? I don't think so :)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

The 2 Dutch places in the women's competition will very likely be rejected. Van Dam's place absolutely sure, she's not even inside the world top-300 where top-100 is required (Boeljon is 121st, I guess she still has 1% chance if they make some exception).