website statistics

Men's Ice Hockey Tournament at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

hckošice

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Thank you @hckosice and (I believe?) @NikolaB for very quickly confirming that Russia's team was indeed incredibly strong, right when it was announced :p Bookmakers giving them odds of 2.5 was a good one indeed :d 

yeah you know thats me. I love to give joy here and there to everyone :cool:

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Not the German media by the way, they literally say they lost "a thriller against Russia" and no mention of 'Olympic athletes' :) 

Respect , I really don't like obs commentators consisting on mentioning OAR the whole tournament , ok it's fine in individual sports , but here ? For me saying Russia is easier than OAR :d

1 minute ago, thepharoah said:

Respect , I really don't like obs commentators consisting on mentioning OAR the whole tournament , ok it's fine in individual sports , but here ? For me saying Russia is easier than OAR :d

Exactly, same for BBC. Even in an individual sport, why would you not say someone simply is a Russian? Like it or not, it's a fact that they compete under a neutral flag, but it's also a fact that a Russian athlete is a Russian person, and so, a Russian. Why not simply call him/her a Russian? Even in this case you could call them 'the Russian team', because it's a team, and they're Russian --> a Russian team

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 minutes ago, opruh said:

Congratulations Russia, finally another ice hockey gold. :champion:Congrats to the other medallists too. :yes

Too bad they just can't win gold as Team Russia lol    1st, it was CIS(Commonwealth of Independent States), Now OAR (Olympic Athletes from Russia) :p 

3 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Congrats Olympic Athlete from Russia! I'm very curious to know where they are born.. maybe they are Finnish or Japanese? :mumble:

Well at least they have Russia at their name :d , Kuwait had their most successful Olympics ever in Rio , but under the name of IOC :d