website statistics

Men's Ice Hockey Tournament at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

hckošice

as expected Jandáč had to risk everything on one card and try to play it by attacking the goalie, but obviously he lost his challenge and the time-out....

and 2-0 for the Red Machine after 25 seconds...gonna be interesting to see if SVK will be the only team that beat these hockey "aliens" :d

6 minutes ago, hckosice said:

It´s almost 10 years no one saw Kovalchuk playing for a TEAM like he is doing here, I mean when we saw Ilia literally jumping to block the opponents shots, never :d

They were put under abnormal pressure in Sochi, which resulted in poor performance. In these Olympics, otoh, they're playing more freely and the result is visible :d

14 minutes ago, Майкл said:

They were put under abnormal pressure in Sochi, which resulted in poor performance. In these Olympics, otoh, they're playing more freely and the result is visible :d

The problem of Sochi was exactly the same as for Vancouver, too many top stars in a team like Russia, this is never a good thing, the Russians are famous for their great skills and love for the pure play and scoring, if there one thing that can irritate Russian top stars hockey players is to play collectively.

And the rest of the team ? they need to have only one leader not so many, in the end no one knew who to follow if Ovechkin or Malkin, Kovalchuk or Datsyuk or even "his majesty I am the best and the only one"  Radulov :p etc.. there were too many small groups within the team and add to that a coach like Zinetula and consequently you had the most expected outcome in Sochi :d

Now it is clearly different, even Kovalchuk is playing for Team that´s something unimaginable few times back. :d Znarok know how to handle these players, he is the best thing that happened to Russian hockey

35 minutes ago, dcro said:

Meh, I predicted victory for CZE, hoping to be the only one who'll see the secret connection in Czechoslovakian teams being the only ones able to defeat the Russians. :whistle:

For a moment I thought I went for CZE too, but apparently I chose the Germans going for another shocker :p 

RnaeyiH.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!