website statistics

Men's Ice Hockey Tournament at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

hckošice

Day 1

Wednesday February 14th, 2018

Preliminary Round

Group B

Slovakia - Olympic Athlete from Russia  3-2 (2-2, 0-0, 1-0)

Goals:

17. Ölvecký (Graňák) 1:2, 18. Bakoš 2:2, 49. Čerešňák (Haščák, Bakoš) 3:2 - 3. Prokhorkin (Gavrikov, Voynov) 0:1, 5. Kaprizov (Gusev) 0:2

United States - Slovenia  2-3 After Overtime (1-0, 1-0, 0-2, Overtime: 0-1)

Goals:

18. O'Neill (Roe, Donato) 1:0, 33. Greenway (O'Neill) 2:0 - 46. Gregorc (Vidmar, Muršak) 2:1, 59. Muršak (Gregorc, Verlič) 2:2, 61. Muršak (Tičar, Urbas) 2:3 OT

Provisional Standing:

1. SVK 3 pts, 2. SLO 2 pts, 3. USA 1 pt, 4. OAR 0 pts.

Follow all results and standings HERE

Really shameful performance of USA. I hope they wont advance to 1/4. Afterall,what can you expect from a nation that banned best players to be here and sent some coledge players. Slovenia was great,totally deserved victory,biggest in their history.

34 minutes ago, panda said:

Witch tournament format, how many teams advantage in group?

All teams advance, the three winners and best second place go to the quarter-finals the other eight will play a qualification round 5th vs. 12th, 6th vs. 11th, 7th vs. 10th and 8th vs. 9th.

32 minutes ago, panda said:

What I undederstand that 1st team in each group qualifies directly to quarters , then all other 8 teams play in play-offs according to their rankings in their groups then points earned in group stage then goal difference 

33 minutes ago, panda said:

Group winners and best ranked among 2nd teams receive a automatic bye in round of 16 and advance directly to the Quarterfinals.

All remaining teams go to the Round of 16 (or if you want officially named - Qualification Match -) according their ranks in the preliminary round,

2nd best ranked 2nd team vs Worst 4th ranked team.

3rd best ranked 2nd team vs 2nd worst 4th ranked team

best ranked 3rd team vs best team ranked in 4th places

and 2nd best 3rd ranked team vs worst ranked 3rd team.

winners of these games qualify to the QF where they will according their rankings in the preliminary round will be paired to the directly qualified quarterfinalists.

4 winners continue the usual format semifinals, bronze match, final

so, the unpredictable finally happen...

I'm so happy for SVK and SLO...

SVK started very, very bad...but they've been able to reset quickly and take advantage of the usual Russian troubles...what a waste of talent they regularly are at the Olympics (maybe they will wake up after this -uselless, we have to say- loss, but their attitude is really horrendous...a shame of enormous proportions)...

then, unfortunately, my internet connection left me alone for the rest of the afternoon (and for the next few days -knowing my provider, at least 10/15, I guess- I will have to cope with a 5Mbps ADSL), so I couldn't watch the other game of the day...:cry:

and basically, I'm done for the rest of the Games...I'll only be able to follow those Games broadcasted on TV when no other medal event is on -because I don't want to lose the medal events of the other sports, of course)...:facepalm::wall:

no need to say that I'd really like to kill all the administration board members and all the technicians of my internet provider...I'm really looking for blood...:yikes: