website statistics

Men's Ice Hockey Tournament at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

hckošice

1 hour ago, Nate River said:

My reaction when the NHL announced they wouldn't go to the Olympics was "Christmas is canceled". I stand by the sentiment.

well you're from canada, that is your one time to beat USA in hockey, seeing as a canadian team didnt win the stanley cup since 93 :p (while the kings won twice ;) )

1 hour ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

well you're from canada, that is your one time to beat USA in hockey, seeing as a canadian team didnt win the stanley cup since 93 :p (while the kings won twice ;) )

As I like to remind people, the 2009 Bruins had more Canadians than the Canucks and the 2009 Canucks had more Americans than the Bruins. The only NHL team I care about are the Senators (with a side interest in the Stars, since it's my local team - surprise, I live in Texas :p ), if nothing else it would annoy me to see another Canadian based NHL team win (especially the Canadiens or, much much worse, the Leafs).

Edited by NearPup

7 hours ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Am i the only one who will have a much more diminished interest in hockey since the nhl didnt send out players? i was very invested in hockey the past few games however without the best in the world, i dont think i will really watch (which i guess is good, have more time for other sports)

I could maybe name 5-6 players who are missing out on the Olympics because of the fight with NHL/IOC...in other words: I'm mostly clueless anyway, so for me it doesn't make much of a difference, so I'll watch it just the same :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 hours ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Am i the only one who will have a much more diminished interest in hockey since the nhl didnt send out players? i was very invested in hockey the past few games however without the best in the world, i dont think i will really watch (which i guess is good, have more time for other sports)

since I always watch hockey from every part of the world, it's not the absence of the NHL players that's gonna stop me from watching almost every game of the Olympic tournament, but I can tell you that I'm still furious with those NHL idiots who just ruined the best 15 days of my life once every 4 years...:facepalm::wall:

by the way, let's not name the Kings right now...they're getting me crazy with their losing streaks...I still hope we can at least make the playoffs at the end of the season, but I'm not so optimistic anymore...:cry::facepalm:

by the way, very interesting team, the Finnish one...

I'm not sure they're as good as the Russians and the Swedes, but surely they're gonna be among the medal contenders...as always, most of their fortune will be on their goalies' shoulders...

the Swiss...well, the Swiss are almost always the same team...no surporise from them...

they're gonna play a very entertaining and technical style of hockey, they will probably make some upsets to the top 6 "big name" Countries, but they still lack some size and some offensive power (meaning also one or two true "natural born goal scorers") to have a real shot against the powehouses of the game...

3 hours ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

really? well winnipeg might actually do it, or VEGAS lmao

naaa...it's gonna be the Ducks vs the Lightning for the Cup (I expected a lot more from Edmonton, but it's quite clear that they aren't ready, yet...and of course I still fear the usual Pens, but I definitely hope that Tampa this year's gonna beat them)...

Russia update.

Anton Belov, Mikhail Naumenko, Sergei Plotnikov and Valery Nichushkin barred from competing by IOC - according to https://www.championat.com/hockey/news-3010141-mok-ne-vydal-priglashenija-na-oi-2018-belovu-plotnikovu-nichushkinu-i-naumenkovu.html

:GER TEAM GERMANY :GER

Goaltenders:

• Danny aus den Birken (EHC RB Munich)
  • Dennis Endras (Adler Mannheim)
  • Timo Pielmeier (ERC Ingolstadt)

Defencers:

• Dennis Reul (Adler Mannheim)
  • Daryl Boyle (EHC Red Bull Munich)
  • Christian Ehrhoff (Kolner Haie)
  • Yannic Seidenberg (EHC RB Munich)
  • Björn Krupp (Grizzlys Wolfsburg)
  • Jonas Müller (EHC Eisbären Berlin)
  • Frank Hördler (EHC Eisbären Berlin)
  • Moritz Müller (Kolner Haie)

Forwards:

• Brooks Macek (EHC RB Munich)
  • Marcus Kink (Adler Mannheim)
  • Matthias Plachta (Adler Mannheim)
  • Frank Maurer (EHC RB Munich)
  • Patrick Reimer (Ice Tigers Nurnberg)
  • Yasin Ehliz (Ice Tigers Nurnberg)
  • Gerrit Fauser (Grizzlys Wolfsburg)
  • Patrick Hager (EHC RB Munich)
  • Felix Schütz (Kolner Haie)
  • Marcel Goc (Adler Mannheim)
  • Dominik Kahun (EHC RB Munich)
  • Leonhard Pföderl (Ice Tigers Nurnberg)
  • David Wolf (Adler Mannheim)
  • Marcel Noebels (EHC Eisbären Berlín)   

10 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I could maybe name 5-6 players who are missing out on the Olympics because of the fight with NHL/IOC...in other words: I'm mostly clueless anyway, so for me it doesn't make much of a difference, so I'll watch it just the same :d 

and we hopefully agreed about who you are going to cheer on :old: