Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account


Henry_Leon

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2018

Recommended Posts

thepharoah    44
4 minutes ago, hckosice said:

 

but you are qualified for the WC too, so you did not need him :d Congrats btw :yes

But I'm not satisfied with our coach , he's very old schooled one , even Cuper is much known globally than Renard , but he's always defending and always has the same tactics despite who's the opponent 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MHSN    122

This is interesting , back in 2014 we had only Algeria from North Africa at the World Cup and they were very good , this time Algeria failed to qualify but Egypt, Morocco and Tunisia made it instead !

 

for our team Iran, if we have to play African teams I strongly prefer North African countries, not because they are not good enough, they played great here (especially Egypt) but mostly because we have better chance against their style.

but we won't get Egypt or Tunisia, they will be in the same pot as Iran, there is 25% chance to get Morocco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heywoodu    1,109
36 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

But I'm not satisfied with our coach , he's very old schooled one , even Cuper is much known globally than Renard , but he's always defending and always has the same tactics despite who's the opponent 

Cuper is more known globally than Renard? How do you mean that? :p 

 

I mean, I've never heard of this Cuper in my life yet I definitely know Renard :d  (granted, that's mostly because there's always a lot of discussion about the Dutch players in the Moroccan team and Hervard selecting them or not)

Edited by heywoodu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heywoodu    1,109

I wonder if bookmakers have been getting strange bets on Congo around halftime or in the last minutes, with Congo needing to win (I mean, Libya could suddenly have scored and that would have put Congo in qualifying position) and Guinea being eliminated anyway, this really smells like something fishy has been going on there....an own goal and two injury time goals :d 

 

0729a97635.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LDOG    233
hace 19 minutos, heywoodu said:

Cuper is more known globally than Renard? How do you mean that? :p 

 

I mean, I've never heard of this Cuper in my life yet I definitely know Renard :d  (granted, that's mostly because there's always a lot of discussion about the Dutch players in the Moroccan team and Hervard selecting them or not)

 

I would say you have to be over 25 years old to know who Cuper is... his peak was in the early 00s coaching Valencia to 2 UCL finals and then Inter. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thepharoah    44
16 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Cuper is more known globally than Renard? How do you mean that? :p 

 

I mean, I've never heard of this Cuper in my life yet I definitely know Renard :d  (granted, that's mostly because there's always a lot of discussion about the Dutch players in the Moroccan team and Hervard selecting them or not)

 

Cuper has led Valencia to 2 consecutive UCL finals in 2000 and 2001 and led Inter Milan also at some period when they had Ronaldo in the team, in addition some other Spanish clubs , he wasn't active like Renard in recent years , but he's much known i think in Europe than Renard who's much known in Africa for sure for his achievements with Zambia and Cote d'Ivoire  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heywoodu    1,109
2 minutes ago, LDOG said:

 

I would say you have to be over 25 years old to know who Cuper is... his peak was in the early 00s coaching Valencia to 2 UCL finals and then Inter. 

 

Damn, I'm 27 :p 

 

But in the early 00's I was just over ten years old, maybe I watched the Champions League (probably not) but even if I did there's no way I would remember the coach of some random foreign team :p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LDOG    233
hace 4 minutos, heywoodu said:

 

Damn, I'm 27 :p 

 

But in the early 00's I was just over ten years old, maybe I watched the Champions League (probably not) but even if I did there's no way I would remember the coach of some random foreign team :p 

 

It depends on each person, but i'm a bit older and that time was my peak of football obsession so I remember everything :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thepharoah    44
43 minutes ago, LDOG said:

 

It depends on each person, but i'm a bit older and that time was my peak of football obsession so I remember everything :p

i'm only 24 and i still remember very well Euro 2000 and WC 2002 , Especially Euro 2000 i wasn't even 7 , but i can remember many of things happened there and i think it's one of the best tournaments i've ever witnessed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Malik    2

:TUN 2018 FIFA world cup 

:TUN 2017 African Basketball Champions 

:TUN 2017 African Volleyball Champions  

Next step, 2018 African Handball Championship 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×