website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2018

Henry_Leon

8 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

yes and it was one of the worst games of WC :d , We defended all the match and wasted a lot of time in returning the ball to goal keeper , it'll be a tough battle , may the better team wins 

Haha yes, and Ireland drew all 3 of our group games (Egypt, Netherlands and England), then drew 0-0 with Romania and beating them on penalites, and eventually losing 1-0 to the tournament hosts Italy in the quarter-finals..... no Portuguese-style fairytale sadly :d. But hey, we avenged our Italian defeat 4 years later in the USA :d

Edited by OlympicIRL

Obviously as a rival nation I have to wish ill on :SCO:IRL:WAL:NIR so I can gloat to friends from those countries that "you're not there!"

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

Costa Rica saved Panama's chances in the 95th minute... If Mexico beats Honduras in the last round, Panama is through. Does Mexico has a serious enough team after securing qualification @mrv86?

Then again, if Panama beats already qualified Costa Rica then there's nothing that Honduras can realistically do.

#banbestmen

7 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

So Ireland needs to win in Cardiff and need for both Croatia or Scotland not to win.... piece of cake :rolleyes:. Though I am already supporting the Scots and wanting them to reach the play-offs. I hope at least one of my teams can make it through :d

I want a situation where :IRL and :SCO don't just because I can laugh at my Scottish and Irish friends - preferably due to a handball in extra time.

In brotherhood unfold

10 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

So Ireland needs to win in Cardiff and need for both Croatia or Scotland not to win.... piece of cake :rolleyes:. Though I am already supporting the Scots and wanting them to reach the play-offs. I hope at least one of my teams can make it through :d

:NIR vs :SCO play-off would be a win-win situation. :d

#banbestmen

5 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

You must be a real hoot :yes

It's more giving them a smug, knowing grin than banging on about it.

In brotherhood unfold