website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2018

Henry_Leon

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

I very much remember when they were really close to qualifying for Euro 2004, 'we' kicked them out in the play-offs and mostly the second match is remembered for being the breakthrough of the generation with the likes of Wesley Sneijder (I believe it was his first or at least one of his first international matches and he just took all of the team and led them in the 6-1 carnage, that was pretty cool :d )

Euro 2008 qualifying and Scotland has a death group with Italy, France and Ukraine..... Scotland beats France twice (home and away) but threw qualification away in the end against Georgia. A familiar story with Scotland :d

Edited by OlympicIRL

First two matches in South America finish both draw with ZERO goals.

Uruguay fail the three points and need to wait...................... seems that no one (in CONMEBOL) want join Brazil and go at WC :p

Let's see the other matches!!!

:BOL  0 - 0  :BRA

:VEN  0 - 0  :URU

5 minutes ago, Henry_Leon said:

Half time in all CONMEBOL matches and a goal :p was scored: Edu VARGAS :CHI

Sadly, the other current results doesn't look good for Chile´s prospects...

PRobably this is the most exciting qualification I've seen so far.

So Ecuador is eliminated, Uruguay is practically qualified, though not mathematically if I'm not mistaken.

This will be an exciting final matchday. Paraguay suddenly with very good chances with a home game against Venezuela remaining to be played. Argentina will have to win in Quito, and they have scored only one goal in the last four matches. Colombia now also very much in danger of missing the World Cup, they will face Peru in Lima.