website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2018

Henry_Leon

3 minutes ago, MHSN said:

what about giving 30 spots to Europe + Brazil and Argentina and kill the rest of the world ? that would be fair I guess . why the rest of the world even exists ?!

btw I'm a big fan of Italy. I love Italy NT more or less the same as Iran but they deserve to "not qualify" when they picked someone like Ventura to lead the team.

From 2026 there will be 48 teams. + 3 European, + 4 African, + 4 Asian teams. Do you know 4 more competitive Asian teams? Or will we see the same European and South American teams in the quarter finals?

vor 33 Minuten schrieb Pavlo:

i only meant that we also underperformed comparing to let`s say 2015-2017, of course on our level, problems you mentioned seem similar to ours. In shape from Euro we would look much better

That is true, one thing that both teams have in common is that most of their players got 2 years older, so maybe that's part of the problem. Another explanation might be that both teams underestimated their opponents. I think 2 years ago noone really expected anything from Poland, so maybe your players felt the pressure now.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Group F

Mexico - Sweden 0:3 (0:0)   

Goals  50. Augustinsson 0:1, 62. Granqvist (11m) 0:2, 74. Alvarez (OG) 0:3.

Yellow Cards: Gallardo, Moreno, Layun - Larsson, Lustig.

Officials: Pitana - Maidana, Belatti (all ARG), 33.061 attendance

Mexico:  Ochoa - Alvares, Salcedo, Moreno, Gallardo (65. Fabian) - Guardado (76. Corona), Herrera - Layun, Vela, Lozano - Hernandez

Sweden: Olsen - Lustig, Lindelöf, Granqvist, Augustinsson - Claesson, Larsson (57. Svensson), Ekdal (80. Hiljemark), Forsberg - Berg (68. Thelin), Toivonen

1 minutę temu, OlympicsFan napisał:

That is true, one thing that both teams have in common is that most of their players got 2 years older, so maybe that's part of the problem. Another explanation might be that both teams underestimated their opponents. I think 2 years ago noone really expected anything from Poland, so maybe your players felt the pressure now.

Pazdan, Glik and Rybus clearly suggested that "sth has happened", sth more than normal problems. They won`t reveal it before Japan match if ever. Błaszczu-Lewy? Alco-case? 3-5-2 case (tactics forced by Nawałka despite players protests) ? Mierzejewski case? Peszko case (he went there only as Lewy`s friend) ? We don`t know but our force came from unity, when it failed we didn`t have any chance

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

It's always sad to be forced (unless I try to avoid this thread, but I cannot, as I am an old "jurassic" football fan) to read such offensive comments against other Nations or sportsmen: among the most zealous and biased commentators, there are OlympicFan, Bestmen, ThiagoSimoes and Heywoodu: I call them all, with a good-natured Italian expression,"pontificatori"..."Pontificatore" directly derives from the ancient Latin word "pontifex": it implies that someone is always busy in "preaching", besides being often sarcastic and sometimes offensive.

They should also remember there's always somebody much older than them who could remind them about inconvenient mishaps, caused by their Nations sportsmen or idols or indeed by their ... whole Nations and I really would not like to reply to OlympicFan with something harmful; so it would be nice that he could refrain from offending the memory of two world cup victories in a period where there were no jokes at all, couldn't he ? One thing is kidding and teasing or expressing an opinion, another thing is stating something unproved. Otherwise I (all of us, actually) could unchain a long list of facts regarding German, Netherlands, Algerian, Brazilian (and many Countries more) athletes and their respective Nations, but that would be a pity for all of us !

5 minutes ago, Fabinter said:

It's always sad to be forced (unless I try to avoid this thread, but I cannot, as I am an old "jurassic" football fan) to read such offensive comments against other Nations or sportsmen: among the most zealous and biased commentators, there are OlympicFan, Bestmen, ThiagoSimoes and Heywoodu: I call them all, with a good-natured Italian expression,"pontificatori"..."Pontificatore" directly derives from the ancient Latin word "pontifex": it implies that someone is always busy in "preaching", besides being often sarcastic and sometimes offensive.

They should also remember there's always somebody much older than them who could remind them about inconvenient mishaps, caused by their Nations sportsmen or idols or indeed by their ... whole Nations and I really would not like to reply to OlympicFan with something harmful; so it would be nice that he could refrain from offending the memory of two world cup victories in a period where there were no jokes at all, couldn't he ? One thing is kidding and teasing or expressing an opinion, another thing is stating something unproved. Otherwise I (all of us, actually) could unchain a long list of facts regarding German, Netherlands, Algerian, Brazilian (and many Countries more) athletes and their respective Nations, but that would be a pity for all of us !

Alright :)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!