website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2018

Henry_Leon

Group A

Uruguay - Russia 3:0 (2:0)   

Goals 10. Suarez 1:0, 23. Cheryshev (OG) 2:0, 90. Cavani 3:0.

Red Cards:  36. Smolnikov (RUS).

Yellow Cards:  Bentancur - Gazinskiy, Smolnikov.

Officials: Diedhiou - Camara, Samba (all SEN), 41.970 attendance

Uruguay:   Muslera - Coates, Godin, Caceres - Nandez (73. Rodriguez), Vecino, Torreira, Bentancur (63. De Arrascaeta), Laxalt - Suarez, Cavani (90.+3 Gomez)

Russia:  Akinfeev - Smolnikov, Kutepov, Ignashevich, Kudriashov - Zobnin, Gazinskiy (46. Kuzyaev) - Samedov, Al. Miranchuk (60. Smolov), Cheryshev (38. Fernandes) - Dzyuba

Group A

Saudi Arabia - Egypt 2:1 (1:1)   

Goals 45+6. Al Faraj (11m) 1:1, 90+5. Al Dawsari 2:1 - 22. Salah 0:1.

Yellow Cards:  Gabr, Fathy.

Officials: Roldan - Guzman, De la Cruz (all COL), 36.823 attendance

Saudi Arabia:   Al Mosailem - Alburayk, O. Hawsawi, M. Hawsawi, Al Shahrani - Otayf - Babhir (65. Aseri), Al Faraj, Al Mogahwi, Al Dawsari - Al Muwallad (79. Al Shehri)

Egypt:  El Hadary – Fathy, Gabr, Hegazi, Abdul-Schafy – Hamed, Elneny – Salah, El Said (45.+7 Warda), Trézéguet (81. Kahraba) - Mohsen (64. Sobhi)

Some more fun facts about the match KSA-EGY, I stopped to follow it, focusing on URU-RUS match, so back to the game, the Egyptian goal was believe or not, the first non penalty goal of Egypt at the World Cups since 1938 and the match against Hungary they lost 2-4, after this Egypt scored only 2 goals and both from penalties against NED in 1990 and now against Russia :d

In other side Saudi Arabia avoided to became the 12th country in history of WC to finish the tournament without scoring a single goal (KSA already managed to do it once in 2002 btw :p) but this time they avoided it. Last time a team that not scored a goal happened in 2010 in South Africa with Honduras and Algeria to reach that anti record

Switzerland players Granit Xhaka, Xherdan Shaqiri and Stephan Lichtsteiner escaped bans Monday for celebrating goals with a pro-Kosovo double eagle gesture in their World Cup win over Serbia.

FIFA said Xhaka and Shaqiri would each be fined 10,000 Swiss francs (8,700 euros, $10,000) and Lichtsteiner 5,000 Swiss francs.

FIFA rules prohibit political symbols in stadiums and the three players could have been banned.

But FIFA said it was imposing the fines "for unsporting behaviour contrary to the principles of fair-play".

BTW they ban FSS with 45,000 chf for racism 

:lol::lol::lol:

And another BTW, refree on Switzerland vs Costa Rica match is from France loool

After first two games of Russia I said their results are not so impressive because they played Arabia and Egypt. In that moment somebody of this forum replied me that Russia is really in good shape and I don't know what I'm saying. Well...we've seen today what a great shape they have ;)